I'm back in the Mustang game!!!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
After 5 long months of waiting I finally got my car back last night! The guy who had it finally had some down time between races and everything else to get time to work on it. Of course it wound up being a pretty simple fix, just something I overlooked being new to this stuff. He thinks I may have had the distributor a tooth off initially, but also my plugs were in bad shape and I had some vacuum lines routed wrong, specifically to the EGR. I also had to have a new key and ignition put in since mine was broken to begin with. In total I only spent $140 from the parts it took to fix it and gas he used test driving it and labor which isn't bad in my opinion. Everything seems to be doing good too, he said he put about 20 miles on it after getting it running again and the only problem he sees is that it still wants to idle low like around 800rpm which I'm not even sure which is normal since I have no experience with the car. I did however drive the car back home which is about a 40 mile trip and never had any issues other than what I think is worn out wheel bearings in the back from the car sitting up for so many years. But now that it's back it's definitely time for some maintenance work before any major upgrades take place. It just feels unbelievably good to have it back in my driveway. The trip home was pretty cool too with the windows down, no radio or passenger, just the sound of my car I've been waiting to hear for an eternity it seems like.

Some of you (and for sure some of my friends and family do) may think 5 months was a long wait for a simple fix like that but in the end I couldn't have ask for a cooler guy to have work on my car! He explained that he literally races almost every weekend usually anywhere from 8-14 hours away from home then returns to his day job as a mechanic for Entergy early on Monday morning after returning from the races. It was just hard for him to have time to dedicate to his after hours projects. It was pretty cool also to talk race related stuff with him, being that two years ago he was a nobody in the Street Outlaw world and now he holds the Street Outlaw record for the first six-second pass! It really opened the door for me into a whole new world of car and racing enthusiasts that I never would have met otherwise. Plus his shop is literally right across the street from our company's main office so I always had eyes on it to make sure it wasn't broken into or anything bad. But back to the scene over there, literally every guy that was in his shop or that showed up there that night was a mustang fan even though they all owned foxes. The shop itself had mustang parts on every shelf and every wall in the building. I also got a chance to look at his racecar more in depth, it's a real thing of beauty (and sorry I didn't take pictures as it was in tear down stage). It's still amazing to think of a stock suspension car with a 275 drag radial running a 6.97 in the 1/4. He even offered me a chance to come hang out with them at one of the next races they head to. :thumbsup:

Enough about that though, it's rainy here today so I'll probably try to clean the car up a bit and take some pictures of it tomorrow if all goes well! But be expecting some updates to my build thread finally!! And thanks you guys for giving me plenty of stuff to read and laugh about and discuss, it really helped to make me not lose interest in the car! Thanks again SN95F!!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Here's a little exhaust video I took today, it wound up not raining at all so maybe I'll clean it up tomorrow still. Enjoy:
[video=youtube_share;RHNG03tcJTk]http://youtu.be/RHNG03tcJTk[/video]

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice glad to see you got it going .... When guys say stock suspension car that's referring to the mounting points usually with the 4link and shock locations ... These cars work great with stock style suspension .that guys cars working pretty good

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Nice glad to see you got it going .... When guys say stock suspension car that's referring to the mounting points usually with the 4link and shock locations ... These cars work great with stock style suspension .that guys cars working pretty good
Thanks man I'm super glad to have it back!
Yea just no ladder bars or anything. Just running coil overs front and rear with full length sfc's. I'm hoping to get to see him run at their next race and if so I'll get some videos of it!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Been driving it some everyday, it's doing really well. Today I went to town and finally bought windshield wipers for it. Considering taking it to a friends shop this weekend and going ahead and swapping my springs and control arms and every thing and get her on down to earth!
10518962_718377818230281_4231559253400422688_n.jpg

10492166_718377831563613_6123904394986654646_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online