I'm Back!! Sorta.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Kinda anyways, probably will poke my head in from time to time but this is my ride now.

06 GT Don't have any good pics yet but these will do for now.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Definitely fun to drive and the sound is amazing, already has 10 series on it but that'll be changing soon. For now just want to make sure everything is good before I start modifying.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome back bro! I'd take one of those S197s any day, gotta be so much nicer to drive around than these old hags lol

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
attachment.php

Should we change your username to "s197jones" ??

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I love how it drives and handles, love how it shifts and how it sounds. Only complaint is the shitty stereo that is not the Shaker. Rear speakers are 25w each, so shitty lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Shaker 1000 FTW!

3700 lbs FTL!

Welcome to the S197. Mine is a 05 'premium' GT with the Shaker 1000, runs and drives so smooth compared to the SN. But I gotta say, I drove my 05 yesterday at High Plains Raceway, today I drove a 00 GT, and I could feel the S197 weight in every corner compared to the 00.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I love how it drives and handles, love how it shifts and how it sounds. Only complaint is the shitty stereo that is not the Shaker. Rear speakers are 25w each, so shitty lol.

Jones trust me when I say your lucky you bought an 06.. 05 and 06 the rear speakers are a joke to change. 07+ you gotta take off all the plastic panels, rear deck and God knows what else. Ask me how I know.. haha

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nice.. There's a few things you NEED to check or look into:

1] Don't wait, do this now! Go ahead and pull the passenger side of the wiper cowl panel and inspect the drainage grommet. These are famous for clogging up, NOT draining and letting water enter through the HVAC via the cabin air filter. Pull it out, cut about an inch off of it [or until it's not touching at the bottom] and replace. Also, if that cabin air filter is any other color besides white or light grey, replace it.

2] Go to a dealership and have the VIN number checked against the TSB database for repairs completed. They have to fix anything that was a TSB item, and the S197's had several of them.

3] If you cant spring for a short throw shifter yet, the polyurethane bushing kit for the stock shifter is a great, cheap alternate

4] Hand held tuner and a tune should be your FIRST MOD PERIOD. SInce the S197 is DBW [drive by wire] Ford left a decent amount of hp/tq [nothing earth shattering, but very noticable. It will get rid of that lazy feel below 2500 rpms] on the table.

5] Skip all other CAI and get a JLT Series 3/110 mm CAI. Period. [our '05 made 318/330 with that CAI, charge motion delete plates, MAC axle back, offroad X-pipe [which I have the X-pipe for sale btw] and a tune.. That's it...]

6] Long tube headers make a HUGE difference. We haven't made it back to the dyno but after we added 1 3/4" MAC longtubes [midlength's really] and a Prochamber with cats it really hauls ass. Even from a dig with 3.55's, helps out in the low end torque department.

Check out S197forum, but be warned.. You think the crowd here is tough, those guys don't play nice with others.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
oh, and if you have an issue when pumping gas, hold the fuel nozzle at the 11 o'clock position. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

RichV

Reaction score
Nice.. There's a few things you NEED to check or look into:

1] Don't wait, do this now! Go ahead and pull the passenger side of the wiper cowl panel and inspect the drainage grommet. These are famous for clogging up, NOT draining and letting water enter through the HVAC via the cabin air filter. Pull it out, cut about an inch off of it [or until it's not touching at the bottom] and replace. Also, if that cabin air filter is any other color besides white or light grey, replace it.

2] Go to a dealership and have the VIN number checked against the TSB database for repairs completed. They have to fix anything that was a TSB item, and the S197's had several of them.

3] If you cant spring for a short throw shifter yet, the polyurethane bushing kit for the stock shifter is a great, cheap alternate

4] Hand held tuner and a tune should be your FIRST MOD PERIOD. SInce the S197 is DBW [drive by wire] Ford left a decent amount of hp/tq [nothing earth shattering, but very noticable. It will get rid of that lazy feel below 2500 rpms] on the table.

5] Skip all other CAI and get a JLT Series 3/110 mm CAI. Period. [our '05 made 318/330 with that CAI, charge motion delete plates, MAC axle back, offroad X-pipe [which I have the X-pipe for sale btw] and a tune.. That's it...]

6] Long tube headers make a HUGE difference. We haven't made it back to the dyno but after we added 1 3/4" MAC longtubes [midlength's really] and a Prochamber with cats it really hauls ass. Even from a dig with 3.55's, helps out in the low end torque department.

Check out S197forum, but be warned.. You think the crowd here is tough, those guys don't play nice with others.

What's the word on the tuner? Brand and place to buy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online