im bored/sleepy... i need mod ideas!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
soo yeah.. im bout to go to sleepz and im wonderin what my next mod will be...

AFTER i get my clutch all sorted out, and an adjustable clutch quadrant/cable, what should my next mod be??

im thinking something reasonably priced.. preferably less than 500 bucks.. very max im hoping.. who knows, ill need to see what my paychecks are like..

so yeah, if you have other ideas, check other and post up some ideas! please give me your help guys cause im bored not getting to mod my car...

these are just a few of the things ive had my eyes on as of late.. help me out guys! thanks in advance!

Downshift

Reaction score
1.Longtubes
2.Gears
3.Tune

Not exactly sure what you have done to your car already. Spill it kid. Haha. Unless you already have headers I would say do the longtubes first.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
im thinking LT's too.. i have stock manifolds :-\

i want LT's soooo sooo bad.. to many of my buddies cars are louder than mine.. i need them! lol and i want the gains! i know its not astronomical amounts but i want them!

i dont have much, bolt ons only..

everything i have done to the car to help you guys out..

Engine/Driveline -
- MAC o/r Hpipe
- Original 40 2 chamber flows
- MAC CAI
- MSD 8.5 wires
- RAM Clutch
- Steeda Tri-ax Shifter

Suspension -
- MM CC plates
- Eibach Sportline springs

Exterior -
- Saleens
- Cobra Letter Inserts
- Smoked Headlights
- other small touches

short n sweet list.. lol hopefully that top list will grow though..

Downshift

Reaction score
I think you should do LTs haha. I have heard nothing but awesome things about them other then the clearance issues. And you having a 4v might be a very tight squeeze but I think LTs would be awesome and im sure you would get some decent gains from them.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
well it seems as though i say this all the time, but....

LONGTUBES FTMFW

95Boss

Reaction score
I voted for the LT's. There are certainly some gains there. But, what about going with shortys? Easy fit, they look great, and there is still some hp gain.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
used nitrous kits... 4.30's, dr, LT...

no nitrous.. every single person in the world has told me to put some nitrous on my car but i dont want nitrous lol.. i will never get nitrous in my lifetime... unless im building a drag car.. and 4.30's are to steep. i drive highways.. most likely 4.10's will find there way up under my car.. drag radials are to expensive for me lol and LT's will fit my budget perfectly..

thanks for the ideas though man.. and thanks everyone else..

gt96stang

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
gt96stang said:
used nitrous kits... 4.30's, dr, LT...

no nitrous.. every single person in the world has told me to put some nitrous on my car but i dont want nitrous lol.. i will never get nitrous in my lifetime... unless im building a drag car.. and 4.30's are to steep. i drive highways.. most likely 4.10's will find there way up under my car.. drag radials are to expensive for me lol and LT's will fit my budget perfectly..

thanks for the ideas though man.. and thanks everyone else..

Why no nitrous?? It's the best bang for the buck out there..
nitto 555r's are not that expensive in the scheme of how long they last and how well they hook..
I've got 3.73's and drive highways.. I get on ave 22-23 mpg... I wish I would have went 4.30's from the get go... I will be changing them once it's time for the rear end work..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i get 13-14mpg city driving.. my highway mileage isn\'t much better.. 4.30\'s would killl that i think.

and i just dont like the idea of nitrous for some reason.. i dont like it. id way rather do a supercharger. i konw its more expensive but i would rather save the money, buy it and be happy with it than buy nitrous.

gt96stang

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i get 13-14mpg city driving.. my highway mileage isn\'t much better.. 4.30\'s would killl that i think.

and i just dont like the idea of nitrous for some reason.. i dont like it. id way rather do a supercharger. i konw its more expensive but i would rather save the money, buy it and be happy with it than buy nitrous.

You gotta learn to keep your foot off of the floor.. I used to get horrible gas mileage like that and kept wondering WTF? then I changed my driving habits... slow/gradual accel/decel.. shifting sooner, not downshifting all the time, my mpg jumped up to 20+ and I was quite surprised..

Well see how that goes once I get my nitrous kit installed.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've not Idea what I get for milage now...

I still say rotors too!

97vertstang

Reaction score
i would go gears, ull feel them more, and i dont want to even think about how much of a bitch longtubes are in a 4.6.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a hard time between gears and long tubes, but I went with gears. I would have gone with long tubes but then you will also need a new X/H-pipe, that will probably run you up close to $1,000. If you do gears and install them yourself, you will be under your $500.00 goal.

If you do alot of highway driving go with 3:73's. If you driving habbits are only getting you 13-14mpg. With 4:10's or 4:30's you will be lucky to get 10mpg. With the 3:73's in mine I averaged about 25mpg on my trip to florida. I had a high of 27mpg on segment of the trip. I mostly got 25-26 mpg, but going through the mountains of Tennesee and Virginia I only got 22mpg. On my daily useage of the car, I get 20-21mpg.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i do get on it.. not nearly as much as i used too.. but thats not why. my car is running really rich. my car just pours smoke out the back when i stop.. im thinking its because my blown intake gaskets. which hopefully i get to fix this weekend because i had to work all this weekend.

97blackgt

Reaction score
blown intake gasket would def kill gas mileage..

gears FTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.