i'm not angry just sad!!

Rantheman

Reaction score
well i drove my car i am having some problems #1 is my battery keeps shorting out so somthing is working right in my eletrical system but is hasn't for a while now. #2 I still have a horrable knock but i hear it in the block not in the head or in the valve train. but i am not leaking coolent anymore so thats a plus. SO I had a few options and i nailed it to one. I am going to completly redo the motor and do a 4v swap maybe keep it a 2v but I am going to build it write no cutting corners anymore i am learning the hard way about modular motor but i don't have the money to have someone build it and i know enough about it now to rebuild mine. so what you think.

p.s. I drove it 4 miles that made me happy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
4 valve all day long, you could sell your 2 valve stuff and get some of the cash needed to get your 4 valve parts going.

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking selling the heads and intake to help me along

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats what I would do, you could get a set of stock heads and have some port work done to them and top them with some nice cams :naughty:

97vertstang

Reaction score
Rantheman said:
i don't know cams for a 4v is a lot
some navigator/mach 1 cams should be pretty cheap and a step up from 96-98 or 99-01.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rantheman said:

ahh come on, if your going to do a motor build you have GOT to do the cams :boink:, a set of the comp cams would be SWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT. If I wasn't going to go blown with my 99 I would DEFINATELY do a set of cams, you can get 30hp or so out of them. And for you it wont be a big deal because your building the motor anyway, so ..........there you go :bunny3:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Rantheman said:
some navigator/mach 1 cams should be pretty cheap and a step up from 96-98 or 99-01.

thats a great point, the Mach 1 cams are fairly agressive ( more than mine are :( ) and im sure you could get a set of ebay or something pretty cheap.

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
well so far i am going to stroke it to a 5.1 stroker i am adding a winadge tray and a head stud kit but still debating on 2v or 4v and n/a or s/c I will probably stay n/a

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rantheman said:
well so far i am going to stroke it to a 5.1 stroker i am adding a winadge tray and a head stud kit but still debating on 2v or 4v and n/a or s/c I will probably stay n/a

just do your homework before you buy your first part and you will be in good shape :)

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
well i know it possiabl but i would love 400hp n/a

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rantheman said:
well i know it possiabl but i would love 400hp n/a

if you mean at the flywheel thats nothing, Im around 375 right now with just simple boltons. Now if you want that rear wheel, you will HAVE to have some head work and some cams........then you can get that 400rwhp. :boink:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rantheman said:
yeah i was talking at the flywheel

ahh Ok well that can be EASY to accomplish, like I said I have right around 375 with mine its rated 320 stock and I have full exhaust / pulleys / and a complete JLT coldair with the HUGE filter. All the dyno's I have seen of other cobras with the same mods are always in the neighborhood of 300-315 rwhp so right around 375 at the flywheel. Plus I dont even have a tune on mine yet. In your case with you doing a build you could bump the comp a little and get some more hp out of it, but its not a necessity. You just need full boltons and maybe do something with the intake a little, i have seen a lot of Cobras with the ported intakes that pick up 20 hp or so.

If I was you I would do a slighty higher compression that stock 4 valve, with a set of mild comp cams and have the intake ported, or if you can afford it get a aftermarket one.

The point is these 4 valves LOVE TO BREATH and REV HIGH so you want a good free flow of air to those 32 valves :banana:

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
ok so here is the plan so far. I am going to run a 5.1 stroker kit i found some kits i am interested in and with my 2v heads if salaved will run 9.8 comression i will be happy with that compression now i just need to decide if i want to keep my cams or move on. i am also going to have some headwork done and probably get an aftermark aluminum intake so my p,i, intake may be up for grabs

Shawnsvtcobra

Reaction score
Do some cams if the $$$$permits, they sound awesome i have crower stage 3 sounds goooodddd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online