I'm on TV, don't laugh

Discussion in 'General Multimedia' started by Firefighter181, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Firefighter181

Firefighter181 Active Member

So my fire department has a cable show that is presented on the local government channel, and on YouTube. We have a new program every month and they asked me to do a bit on thermal imaging cameras this month. I had to giggle as I sound like a little kid. It starts at about 00:22:25 in the video, and there is some good footage from 2 separate crashes I recorded from my helmet fire cam at the 00:19:45 mark.

[video=youtube;AYw2KMl4DZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYw2KMl4DZM&feature=player_detailpage&list =PLFHZ2iPqPKDgoOJ_TMlyQXDkxDNHKiyNC[/video]

Thought I'd share.

**edited to add the video into the post, I'm learnin':laughing5:"

2. Tony

Tony Legend

so are you brian kluck? that accident looked terrible. can't believe the student survived.

3. Firefighter181

That would be me yes. Kid in the car was incredibly lucky, I think he used up 8 of his 9 lives that evening. He impacted head on with the semi truck seen in the back ground.

4. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Pretty cool stuff. I have a buddy who's currently going through the fire academy and he's absolutley stoked to get into this profession.
    I occasionally give him shit because I'm currently going through the police academy but I know someday I'll probably end up working along side of him in a situation.

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I got to occasionally play with some nice heat sensing cameras as preventative maint on some of the machines we operated at intel. Was fun just making sure it worked putting your hand on a piece of metal for a few secs and then taking it off and you could still see the heat impression on the metal.

6. Firefighter181

That's awesome, stick with it! I wish I could make up my mind what I want to do. I just finished my AS in Criminal Justice studies, working on my BS in emergency management, and have been a POV firefighter for almost 15 years. Someday Ill make up my mind what I really want to do :rolleyes: