I'm on TV, don't laugh

Firefighter181

Reaction score
So my fire department has a cable show that is presented on the local government channel, and on YouTube. We have a new program every month and they asked me to do a bit on thermal imaging cameras this month. I had to giggle as I sound like a little kid. It starts at about 00:22:25 in the video, and there is some good footage from 2 separate crashes I recorded from my helmet fire cam at the 00:19:45 mark.

[video=youtube;AYw2KMl4DZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYw2KMl4DZM&feature=player_detailpage&list =PLFHZ2iPqPKDgoOJ_TMlyQXDkxDNHKiyNC[/video]

Thought I'd share.

**edited to add the video into the post, I'm learnin':laughing5:"

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so are you brian kluck? that accident looked terrible. can't believe the student survived.

OP
OP
F

Firefighter181

Reaction score
so are you brian kluck? that accident looked terrible. can't believe the student survived.

That would be me yes. Kid in the car was incredibly lucky, I think he used up 8 of his 9 lives that evening. He impacted head on with the semi truck seen in the back ground.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff. I have a buddy who's currently going through the fire academy and he's absolutley stoked to get into this profession.
I occasionally give him shit because I'm currently going through the police academy but I know someday I'll probably end up working along side of him in a situation.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got to occasionally play with some nice heat sensing cameras as preventative maint on some of the machines we operated at intel. Was fun just making sure it worked putting your hand on a piece of metal for a few secs and then taking it off and you could still see the heat impression on the metal.

OP
OP
F

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff. I have a buddy who's currently going through the fire academy and he's absolutley stoked to get into this profession.
I occasionally give him shit because I'm currently going through the police academy but I know someday I'll probably end up working along side of him in a situation.
That's awesome, stick with it! I wish I could make up my mind what I want to do. I just finished my AS in Criminal Justice studies, working on my BS in emergency management, and have been a POV firefighter for almost 15 years. Someday Ill make up my mind what I really want to do :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online