Im sick of being a monster truck!

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Okay, So i bought those Eibach springs. And I was about to install them and then I did some reading.... So far what I have read is that if I decided to put these guys on I need the following things to go with it:

C&C Plates
Bump Steer Kit
Upper and Lower Control Arms....

:gtfo:

Do I really need all of these things just to make my car lower?

Downshift

Reaction score
Well to be honest you COULD get by with out any of them. At least with my springs you could. I have the H&R Super sports and they lower a pretty good amount. I don't see why you would need the upper and lower control arms for any reason? The CC Plates would be a good idea because your camber will be way off like mine and the inside of the tire will wear much fast then the rest of the tire and it looks pretty ricey to me. The bumpsteer kit is pretty much opinion from what I have gathered. Some people say its a must but I don't seem to have a problem with it at all. I would highly recommend getting the CC plates. MM if you can afford it. You will probably end up going with them down the road anyway. Goodluck and post some pics man. The install isn't hard at all and if time isn't on your side you could always start with the front and do the rears another day.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Only went with The C&C Plates...My springs came with that bump steer thingy.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Okay. So MM would be the best huh. Ill probably go with that. I just keep buying random crap. Anyway, I know this may be a little off topic but whats a good mounting location for a 6A box? I was thinking of doing a battery Relocation and putting it there. Whatcha think?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah what eibachs did you get, if you got the Pros you can get away with just the springs. If you have the sportlines you SHOULD get some nice CC plates (I reccomend Maximum Motorsports). Upper and lower control arms have nothing to do with lowering the car, you will not NEED them although they are a nice mod. Bumpsteer kit you will possibly not need either.

Only thing you will NEED is the CC plates and that is IF you are using the sportlines.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Im using the Pro Kit. I like the sportlines but it seems to be too low of a drop.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should be fine with nothing, thats what I had on my car before I threw on the coil-overs. My align was good with stock CC plates and stock everything else. Good luck :D keep us posted.

joefelly3888

Reaction score
With the tires i have in my sig, shall i have a problem if i wanted my mustang with the tires rubbing against anything. When i go around sharp turns the tires in the rear already do rub against the inside of the well. I was thinking on getting H&R ss and some c/c plates. Will i have any problems with the front or rear tires if i do lower it

Stangbangin

Reaction score
if you plan on stalling all of those above mentioned suspension mods sooner or later I'd wait instead of having to go back and get under your car again. Just get it all and do it on one swoop...

94twinscrew

Reaction score
joefelly3888 said:
With the tires i have in my sig, shall i have a problem if i wanted my mustang with the tires rubbing against anything. When i go around sharp turns the tires in the rear already do rub against the inside of the well. I was thinking on getting H&R ss and some c/c plates. Will i have any problems with the front or rear tires if i do lower it
If you're running just stock shocks and struts,then yes. If you're going to do a drop,then you should atleast invest some money into a good performance shock and strut. I am in the process of dropping my car,so I installed a full set of KYB AGX's.....it's not even lowered yet,and it feels like a whole new car. :banana:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I just put eibachs on my friends Mazda 3s..... I love the way they ride...

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Having my car lowered was so important for me that i passed on a set of rims. I didnt want rims if she was gonna be in 4x4 mode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online