I'm thinking about buying a Skyline

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole thread but if you buy an Ecoboost, I'll never talk to you again. If you buy a Skyline, I'll have a jealous hatred towards you, but at least I'll still respond to your texts.

EDIT: Oh for the love... I did NOT realize this was from 2016.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole thread but if you buy an Ecoboost, I'll never talk to you again. If you buy a Skyline, I'll have a jealous hatred towards you, but at least I'll still respond to your texts.

that is the first real argument FOR an ecoboost that makes me consider it. :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

What’s wrong with an ecoboost?? The focus rs is a bad ass machine!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Hardy har har

That's fine in a Focus if that's your thing, not in a truck.

I've towing my Mustang on a couple occasions with my dad's '17 F150 ecoboost. Pulled it like a champ. Probably tows better than a gas 3/4 ton truck from 10-15 years ago.

They do have their place in the world and they are impressive. Add two turbos to a 5.0 and watch the novelty fade away.

Patientzero

Reaction score
They do have their place in the world and they are impressive. Add two turbos to a 5.0 and watch the novelty fade away.
When the factory does that and sells it with a warranty I'm sure it will be nice but for now they don't. After driving identical trucks back to back I'd take the Ecoboost over the coyote all day. I'm trying to talk my brother into an Ecoboost for his '76 F100

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with white, to each their own.

Let’s keep it civil and without attitude when discussing people’s personal preference. Each motor is a great choice and some prefer one over the other. It’s much like the preference between a mod and a pushrod.

Either way there’s no need for acting rude.

Let’s get back to op’s discussion as it is.

Skylines are awesome. But how much more awesome would it be if someone dropped a mustang body on a skyline chassis. You’d have a super bad awd stang.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I agree with white, to each their own.

Let’s keep it civil and without attitude when discussing people’s personal preference. Each motor is a great choice and some prefer one over the other. It’s much like the preference between a mod and a pushrod.

Either way there’s no need for acting rude.

Let’s get back to op’s discussion as it is.

Skylines are awesome. But how much more awesome would it be if someone dropped a mustang body on a skyline chassis. You’d have a super bad awd stang.

Careful. You're starting to sound like a moderator. Also, how dare you give me new ideas.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Careful. You're starting to sound like a moderator. Also, how dare you give me new ideas.

Owner of this site refuses to acknowledge that 90% of the mods are no longer active. Someone has to keep people in line.

And I dare you to buy a totaled skyline and a v6 mustang and Frankenstein them. Hell, I’d come down and help.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
More and more Skylines are showing up at meets around here. Cool to see things like variable valve timing in a car from the early 90's. My son goes gaga over them all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online