Imrc delete help!

Bianner

Reaction score
I know it's on the wrong section but no one is ever on the 4v section. So I deleted the imrcs on my car and now it wont stay on. It will start up and then dies. And when I hold the rpms at normal idle it,idles rough. What could be wrong

OP
OP
B

Bianner

Reaction score
i think it might be my iac when i disconnect it, it stays on for a minute.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you are over-riding the IAC and holding the throttle open and its idling fine, then when you let off, your car shakes and dies is a common problem for IAC failure.

some people say cleaning their IAC with brake clean helps, but Ford specifically states that the IAC is a non-servicable unit and can only be replaced.

If you have a mustang buddy near-by, i suggest inviting him/her over for a beer and swaping IAC to see if that helps. if their IAC works on your car, you know yours is faulty. if theirs doesnt fix the problem, you saved $50.00 on not buying a new IAC.

OP
OP
B

Bianner

Reaction score
And when I unplug the iac it idles fine for a couple of seconds then it slowly dies down

OP
OP
B

Bianner

Reaction score
is this self leveling adhesive we use at the shop when we replace roofs, door outer panels etc. etc.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
I don't think you should have used that panel bond, it needs to be heat resistant. I used industrial strength JB weld for mine. I wouldn't be surprised if that panel bond comes loose and gets sucked down into the cylinders.

massacre

Reaction score
You're screwed.
You used the wrong material to fill those holes.
Hopefully it just gets burnt off and doesn't damage anything.

Just have them welded or get the MMR deletes.

OP
OP
B

Bianner

Reaction score
if anything it will just burn off that stuff is stong. that is the only thing that holds down roofs of suvs and cars. and it takes days to get it off ur skin. i haven't had time to mess with it and my iac is bad. i tested it with an ohm meter. either way i'm gonna tare it back down and see what has happened if they are holding up. and then refil them with gasket maker

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i think that bonding stuff you used should work for a short while... the problem is i dont think its an adheasive... meaning its acting like a hot-dog in a hot-dog-bun, ya know? if you get enough vacuum in the engine, it will suck the hot-dog right outa the bun!

if i were you, id change to an adheasive (so it litterally sticks to the plates, not just sit inside the holes as a block.) either way, i think the stuff you used should be fine for a little while....

OP
OP
B

Bianner

Reaction score
It is anadhesive but either way I'm redoing it this weekend

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt