IMSA Racing

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The GTD Pro fight is great. I don't think anyone has anything for the 60 in GTP. Going to take mechanical failure or significant damage for anyone to get around Blomqvist.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The GTD Pro fight is great. I don't think anyone has anything for the 60 in GTP. Going to take mechanical failure or significant damage for anyone to get around Blomqvist.

You’re right about GTD Pro! It has been a great fight and I watched until I couldn’t stay awake.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the Newgarden/McLaughlin car in LMP2 didn't have the mechanical issues yesterday. They were 8 laps down at one point and have brought it all the way back down to 2 laps. Their pace has been astounding.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting news of a mustang only series…

View attachment 23650
The only thing that would make sense for something like this would be an IROC type of situation. If it's a bunch of Joe Nobody's or not at least attached to another major series it will fail miserably.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
im picturing something like the porsche carrera cup or Lamborghini Super trofeo series. Which i and 7-8 other people watch regularly haha

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im picturing something like the porsche carrera cup or Lamborghini Super trofeo series. Which i and 7-8 other people watch regularly haha
Yeah that's just a bunch of rich people driving as a hobby. No real talent out there.

Reaction score
NHRA and IMSA 100% here. Follow both all year. Your Porsches did not do well in either category op. Not as bad as BMW though! Acura looks like the team to beat in gtp. They may get bop though since they are so fast. I am going to the 2024 Daytona to see the new Mustangs in action. I went and saw the Ford GTs at Cota it was absolutely awesome. My favorite driver is Van de Zande he's a beast in the 01 Cadillac. Hopefully Joey Hand and Westbrook return to be Fords factory drivers. Team Corvette has been not doing well since the switch to mid engine hopefully they find their rhythm as I love a good Ford, Chevy battle like the GT vs C7 Corvette was.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
NHRA and IMSA 100% here. Follow both all year. Your Porsches did not do well in either category op. Not as bad as BMW though! Acura looks like the team to beat in gtp. They may get bop though since they are so fast. I am going to the 2024 Daytona to see the new Mustangs in action. I went and saw the Ford GTs at Cota it was absolutely awesome. My favorite driver is Van de Zande he's a beast in the 01 Cadillac. Hopefully Joey Hand and Westbrook return to be Fords factory drivers. Team Corvette has been not doing well since the switch to mid engine hopefully they find their rhythm as I love a good Ford, Chevy battle like the GT vs C7 Corvette was.
The big killer for Corvette was that they put all their eggs in the GTLM formula basket and then IMSA pulled the plug on GTLM and went GT3 only so they had to develop a totally new car. Their GTLM car they are currently using was grandfathered into GTD Pro for last year and this year as a favor but they getting the BOPenis right up the keyster. So instead of spending time developing the current car all the budget is going to the new GT3 version that will be out for the 2024 season. Bottom line Corvette racing got the shaft due to an unlucky launch date.

Reaction score
The big killer for Corvette was that they put all their eggs in the GTLM formula basket and then IMSA pulled the plug on GTLM and went GT3 only so they had to develop a totally new car. Their GTLM car they are currently using was grandfathered into GTD Pro for last year and this year as a favor but they getting the BOPenis right up the keyster. So instead of spending time developing the current car all the budget is going to the new GT3 version that will be out for the 2024 season. Bottom line Corvette racing got the shaft due to an unlucky launch date.
Good info did not know that, they are usually a very front running team so that makes sense. So 2024 will be awesome brand new Mustang and Corvette that's killer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.