In case you've never seen a stock one: My silver 2004 GT

Goldmember

Reaction score
Now that it's off the chopping block, I can enjoy as a weekend cruiser/cruise-in machine. Needs a few things here and there, but staying for the time being.

Only "mods:" a couple of things painted under the hood (want to switch to Ford Blue, maybe summer project), Steeda cat-back, '05 shifter knob, Pioneer deck that I used in two other cars.

IMG_1063_zps50d23d76.jpg

IMG_1061_zpse7ce8112.jpg

IMG_1060_zps13f9ff48.jpg

IMG_1059_zps2699494f.jpg

IMG_1058_zpsaabc0507.jpg

IMG_1057_zps158129e4.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsba254b00.jpg

IMG_1055_zps6724bb15.jpg

IMG_1053_zps6e15ca30.jpg

IMG_1052_zpse809fd01.jpg

IMG_1051_zpse925b9df.jpg

IMG_1050_zps73b28a21.jpg

IMG_1049_zpsfa5acd1c.jpg

IMG_1048_zps41d16407.jpg

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Hot damn! haha never seen a stock mustang! lol. I like it a lot, its super duper clean. I've always wanted a silver new edge, sigh.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
Diggin the cop conversion

Not a conversion... 99+ all had COP. To be honest, the older coil-pack system was much more reliable...if the COP's even think about water they short out...then you're spending minimum $50 for a new one...and a better design was never done...so no telling when you're back at square 1. When I see the guys with the early 4.6's convert, my only question is "why?"

Nice man. Btw the Mark VIII's gonna be up for sale, its offical :(

God Dammit man say it ain't so! Dude he's going to regret it. Been 8 years since I sold mine and still kick myself in the ass for doing it. The guy who bought the car lives close by my work. Every so often, I take the road he lives on, back home. I swear that car hasn't moved an inch since he bought it...in August, 2006. 8 years of sitting- it might as well be a parts car, now. If only...

Then again, never say never Joey... how many times did I think my GT was going on the block? At least twice...

My advice to your dad is as follows: step away from the crack pipe.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Not a conversion... 99+ all had COP. To be honest, the older coil-pack system was much more reliable...if the COP's even think about water they short out...then you're spending minimum $50 for a new one...and a better design was never done...so no telling when you're back at square 1. When I see the guys with the early 4.6's convert, my only question is "why?"

God Dammit man say it ain't so! Dude he's going to regret it. Been 8 years since I sold mine and still kick myself in the ass for doing it. The guy who bought the car lives close by my work. Every so often, I take the road he lives on, back home. I swear that car hasn't moved an inch since he bought it...in August, 2006. 8 years of sitting- it might as well be a parts car, now. If only...

Then again, never say never Joey... how many times did I think my GT was going on the block? At least twice...

My advice to your dad is as follows: step away from the crack pipe.

I wish man. He's getting rid of it, small chance he might daily it for a bit than sell it idk. I love that car, bet once I detail it he'll wanna keep it. Thing never gets driven. I hope he doesn't get rid of it, but it looking that way. Thing is so mint inside and out, everythings in good shape, 91K on the odometer... I LOL'd at the crack pipe

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I noticed it! Giving me ideas.. Lol

Nice and clean!

Thanks dude. Well worth painting it... other than the Mustang plaque that's inset, the rest is cheap-ass pot metal and nothing to look at. Takes 10 minutes to remove. While you're at it, get the EGR channel good and clean, same with the TB. So- you get some maintenance in there, too.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I wish man. He's getting rid of it, small chance he might daily it for a bit than sell it idk. I love that car, bet once I detail it he'll wanna keep it. Thing never gets driven. I hope he doesn't get rid of it, but it looking that way. Thing is so mint inside and out, everythings in good shape, 91K on the odometer... I LOL'd at the crack pipe

Here is a list of reasons to keep it:
-It's 20 years old (scares people off...but can be insured as a classic in the near future = cheap)
-They ain't worth dick anymore. If he works the street corner he'll make the car's value up and then some in a day or two. A mint '98 CE with 1000 miles on it might get $7K. Just no market.
-They're damn near impossible to sell. No one knows what they are and once the average person hears V8, they run away.
-They don't make 'em like that anymore.
-Would make a great weekend cruiser
-What father would knowingly break his kid's heart? (Really trying hard for ya buddy)

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Here is a list of reasons to keep it:
-It's 20 years old
-Parts are drying up real fast
-They ain't worth dick anymore. If he works the street corner he'll make the car's value up and then some in a day or two.
-They're damn near impossible to sell. No one knows what they are and once the average person hears V8, they run away.
-They don't make 'em like that anymore.
-Would make a great weekend cruiser
-What father would knowingly break his kid's heart? (Really trying hard for ya buddy)

I agree with all the above!! I hope he keeps it. Its so comfy, has great looks, IRS, nice 4V under the hood, black on black.. They don't make em like it anymore. Built in system testing computer in the dash... In 95... shit was way ahead of its time. Hopefully when I clean it up he'll decide to keep it. I had the car for a bit, but gave it back because I realized making it into a racecar would destroy it

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whoops, I stand corrected. Never realized all 99+ had the conversion. Good to know.

Rallim

Reaction score
It's so stock it's odd. Always liked the starfish, I almost bought two different silver new edge GT's at some point too. Looks good!

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
It's so stock it's odd. Always liked the starfish, I almost bought two different silver new edge GT's at some point too. Looks good!

Lol... Quoted part of this for my sig.

Might have a shot at different wheels for it if/when my dad sells his '04 Crown Vic LX Sport. He has the split-spoke '05 GT wheels mounted up, I'd buy them and some hubcentric spacers to change appearance. My starfish are in rough shape thanks to the previous owner. I might just paint them this summer, but it's only an idea.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well shit. Talked to my dad today, and he might put it back on the road! Just gotta do the brakes and she's good to gooo. Yesss haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online