in need of connecting rod

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am in bad need of a stock cobra connecting rod. They are apparently backordered everywhere. If anyone has one they would be willing to sell plase contact me asap at

[email protected] or call me at (304) 839-3410.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have the Shortblock apart and you are seriously gonna put the stock Rods back in :slap:
Even a cheap Forged rod set would be much better and won't cost that much.

ripper

Reaction score
How much for a descent set Bob? I agree why put the stockers back in. Even if you had to wait a couple paychecks, and if its DD id cab it for 3 weeks. It will be worth it in the end.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah man.. i know that it may cost a few bones but while your in there, especially with your motor all torn apart, you should try and swing it and stuff some better stuff in there.. you don't have to opt for the best, but you should at least put something better in it. good luck man, and whichever way you decide to go, hopefully you get her back on the road soon!

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Yeh i agree that it would be far better to put in a cheap set of forged. Problem is tho im having put this all on my credit card cuz i really don't have the money to pay for it in general. I was trying to keep things as cheap as possible so that my debt doesn't go so far up that i can't manage it.

DropTop could u point me in the direction of a cheap set? If i can't find a connecting rod for it i prolly will end up getting a forged set.

Oh and freakshow I was kinda hoping to have it back on the road in about 2 weeks. Its been in the shop for bout a month already and i just can't wait any longer.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Look on ebay, i've seen cheap Chinese forged 4.6 rods for @ 250 a set. And remember most 4.6 rods (Manley/Eagle etc) are made in the same plant in China.

TMJ or something was the company. The are exactly like the Manley H beams.

freakshow12

Reaction score
mine has been on the back burner since 2004!!! cant you get a set of eagle or manlys for about 500? I scored mine brand new for 650CDN so about 500 us. I see your point though on cost as I am getting to the 10k point quickly. it will be fun though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online