In need of info for nitrous kit

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
In the market for a nitrous kit on at 94 gt. Looking for maybe 100 shot or something to have fun with, but not destroy the motor. I've never ran nitrous before, so I don't know what all I'll need. Stock block with headers, exhaust, intake, and a bigger throttle body. I'm just trying to go faster with the 302 without having to sell a kidney. Open to any suggestions. I don't have a garage or welder so keep in mind this has been a driveway build, but it's a work in progress. Also looking for digital gauges if anyone has a link. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is. The be safe I’d recommend good gaskets, head studs and valve springs. If your fuel pump is old or weak replace it first. With 100 shot wet you could get away with just locking the timing by pulling the spout. You have options for tuning I’d recommend stand alone but the quarterhorse works too

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Things to control it.
you can go old school with a WOT switch, window switch and activation switch.
or
You can get a full progressive controller.

Things you need to run it.
Nozzle kit, Plate kit, Direct port.... A nozzle will suffice for you but NX just came out with a plate kit.

Purge kit, optional but make it safer.

Not sure on pushrods but you may need a new fuel pump.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Well I've got (to stay on budget), 2 er 3 g's to burn, and if needed could do more. I'm also looking for a good efi intake maybe manifold. I don't have alot of knowledge of motors as I am an electrician. So if it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about, well, it's because I don't hahaha. But anywho, I'm trying to squeeze as much how outta this stock block as possible without blowing the motor seeing as I just put a used motor in,(at the shop goin in as we speak). It's got 120,000 miles on it. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Cam? Carb? Please feel free to comment,(as long as you know what tha hell yer talking about cause I don't have money to waste).

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I think if you shop around you can piece together a blower. Keep the boost low and make sure to leave enough in the budget for a tune. No dealing with empty bottles.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
I think if you shop around you can piece together a blower. Keep the boost low and make sure to leave enough in the budget for a tune. No dealing with empty bottles.
Do you happen to know what's the best efi intake manifold to get? Or which brings out the most hp?

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Do you happen to know what's the best efi intake manifold to get? Or which brings out the most hp?

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Go with the nitrous. On my last car I wish I had did N2O sooner rather than spending 3.5k on HCI. (HEMI ;)

Great Kit for what you are doing:

https://nitrousoutlet.com/i-30559916-x-series-87-98-mustang-gt-cobra-efi-single-nozzle-system.html

-Add purge, bottle heater kit, N2O pressure guage.

-One step cooler cooper spark plugs.

-93 octane, pull timing if tuned for 93.

-Window switch set from at least 3000, cutting at 200-300 before limiter. Or before shift point if on stock auto trans and TC.

-Upgrade fuel pump to a higher flow drop in. 190-255.

Nitrous outlet can help you with the entire setup.

Another option

https://www.zex.com/5-0-ford-nitrous-system.html

Add same stuff as above.

You can find N2O stuff for sale all the time cheap.

Start with 50 shot and work your way up. Fuel, plugs, and timing are key.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

beyondEOD

Reaction score

All depends on setup. I'm going with a GT40 unported for my gt40p head setup. That was recommended by TMoss for my build. An Intake can only flow so much till it hits the heads. E7s dont flow well. Gt40p heads flow the best of factory casts and still cant outflow a stock gt40 intake.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
All depends on setup. I'm going with a GT40 unported for my gt40p head setup. That was recommended by TMoss for my build. An Intake can only flow so much till it hits the heads. E7s dont flow well. Gt40p heads flow the best of factory casts and still cant outflow a stock gt40 intake.

I'm confused. Do what now? Gt40p is better or no..?

beyondEOD

Reaction score
I'm confused. Do what now? Gt40p is better or no..?

Intakes: GT40(Cobra) or an Explorer Intake are better than HO intake.

Heads: GT40(cobra)are better than E7s. GT40p(explorer)heads are slightly better than GT40.

Gt40p heads a picky with headers because of the sparkplug angle.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Intakes: GT40(Cobra) or an Explorer Intake are better than HO intake.

Heads: GT40(cobra)are better than E7s. GT40p(explorer)heads are slightly better than GT40.

Gt40p heads a picky with headers because of the sparkplug angle.

So are the explorer heads even worth tha time?

beyondEOD

Reaction score
It's a common recipe item for a 250-270 hp car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online