Infamous Mach 460

Coastie912

Reaction score
ok guys new to the whole mach system. i just bought a 2001 mustang gt with mach460 system and im trying to install an aftermarket radio. he took his radio out as i purchased it and all the wires are cut in the back, is it possible to hard wire it? or can i go buy a harness to help this process along? please help as i cant drive my amazing maching with no sounds..​

Sinned83

Reaction score
If it's a harness you should be able to match color for color with the one that comes with the new head unit.

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
It was a harness but it's not the normal colors it's got me so confused.. I. Found my ground, both 12 volts and nothing

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the stock hrns is still in there then yes it is easier to do. IF there is not stock hrns then there will be a bunch of random colored wires and the fun begins.

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
Yea just a bunch of wires lol and yes a lot of fun ... And no sorry I don't have a test light.. .. I've installed radios before with and without a metro harness. ive found the necessary wires but was wondering since it's the Mach system is there another wire I need to get power at least... Very close to just going to best buy :( and waste a lot of money lol...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You will be lucky if the wire colors match up, they rarely have from what I have seen. Do you know if he replaced any speakers? Did he bypass the amps or are they still there? Get a pic of the wires in the dash and stick your head in the trunk to see if it looks like the rear enclosure has come out and the speakers swapped.

heffe2001

Reaction score
Guess I was lucky as far as color code matching, everything matched on my car. At least, everything I ended up using right up to when I gutted all that Mach 460 stuff out and replaced it with aftermarket amps & speakers. Picked up a cheap Infinity Basslink 10 this week, hopefully it'll fit in my trunk, lol.

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
He bypassed everything lol I got after market installed and front speakers working I just gotta figure out my tears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is the rear enclosure still there or did they take that out? There should be 2 sets of speaker wires, one for the tweeters, one for the woofers. Look for the other set and see if it has a signal on it.

heffe2001

Reaction score
IF you're going to use the existing wiring for aftermarket, I'd suggest using the tweeter wires, and a decent set of separates that have a crossover module. That's what I ended up doing for front/rear on my convertible. The front tweeter wires go to a set of 5x8 Kicker separates, the rear tweeter wiring to go a set of MTX terminator 5" separates (should have gone with someting larger, these barely fit, almost too small for the rear enclosures on my vert). I'll probably replace those MTX's with something bigger this summer. Need to wire in my sub for the rear, but need to figure out exactly where I'm going to mount it first (it's a Infinity Basslink 10).

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
I will be using it but I gotta trace everything out and see where these wires are lol it's a mess

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
He pulled them down n cut the wires and made new ones so lost but hopefully this weekend I can trace everything

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok if you look more towards the middle of the package tray you should find 2 sets of either wires if they cut the hrns's off or more then likely two matching hrns's They probably cut the ends off just to connect that pair to the speakers. You can get an adaptor at an audio store to connect to those hrns's if they are there or you can cut them off like the other owner did.

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
K thanks for the Info I been trying to get to it but just found another issue I gotta deal with.. Gas leak possibly or hopefully just an over filled gas tank ..... Once I figure tht out ill get back to my audio lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online