Injector cleaning/ flow testing or buy new?

Caboose302

Reaction score
Would it be better to have my #30 injectors cleaned/ flow tested or just buy new ones. Found a place that will go through them for $17 a piece. I bought them used and got them for a steal.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just got mine rebuilt from Performance Fuel Injection.
Well, I actually just traded my 39s for a set he had just cleaned, tested and rebuilt after he checked my injectors were good cores.

Is the $17 per injector just for cleaning and testing?
I paid $16 per injector and he "rebuilt" them, not sure what that all include... but all the exterior stuff I can see seems to have been replaced. (I believe his price might have recently gone up)

Also picked up some connectors at $2.50 each i think.

#39 Cobra injectors by richaaarrrddd, on Flickr

I think getting your injectors cleaned and tested would be fine, then you know exactly how they're doing.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Just saw it on MrInjector

Gasoline Fuel Injectors serviced for $17.00ea

Fuel injectors rarely die. They just get dirty. Fuel injector cleaning restores them back into like new condition and performance. Your injectors are cleaned and flow tested on the ASNU flow bench and ultrasonic cleaning machine. After cleaning new injector parts including filters, o-rings, spacers and pintle caps are installed. They are returned with a before and after flow report

this was just the first Gas injector service I saw. Most of them tend to be for Diesels. I'll give Performance a look.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Lol!
No not particularly. Just that I'm getting new tune after my last one was screwed up horribly. Plus the fact that they were used. I bought them from my original tuner so I don't think they're horrible. I'd just like to know that they're good before I get the new tune.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I'd just like to know that they're good before I get the new tune.
Dirty or partially clogged injectors

- Check Engine" light or cylinder misfire code
- Poor idle
- Light throttle surging or bucking
- Denotation (knocking or pinging), causing possible engine damage
- Low speed hesitation and surging issues
- Emission problems
- Loss of performance
- Increased fuel consumption

Leaky injectors can cause:

- Hard starting, especially when hot
- Poor idle
- Emission problems
- Increased fuel consumption
- Exhaust odor

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I was just going to do it for insurance when I get my tune. Maybe I'll just wait to hear what my new tuner says. As of now I have a hanging idle and running rich as hell. Combine that with a 40hp loss after my last tune I just wanted to be certain they were good when I get it redone.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dirty or partially clogged injectors

- Check Engine" light or cylinder misfire code

I'm hoping my random misfire is caused by an injector or a bad connection on them.
Pretty confident with the ignition system now, which is typically an issue for v6s. Gone through some of the wiring, mostly connections on main harnesses and computer. If the injectors don't do the trick then it'll be time to jump further into electrical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online