Injector harness ground wire

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Do the '95 GT's have one. I can't seem to find it. Any pictures or diagrams are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks like it is just a common ground system meaning that all 8 share one ground wire.
IMG_20150730_121538686.jpg

Taken from the 94-95 orange mustang bible, electrical 24:4 :)

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
So is this a floating ground that does not ground to chassis? I'm a little rusty on my electrical.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are two types of grounding systems. Common ground is were they all come to one wire that that goes to ground and floating where each injector would have its own wire that went to ground. "Floating" doesn't mean that it isn't grounded just that each one would have its own. As I said this is a common ground system. What are you wanting to know or needing to do?

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
There are two types of grounding systems. Common ground is were they all come to one wire that that goes to ground and floating where each injector would have its own wire that went to ground. "Floating" doesn't mean that it isn't grounded just that each one would have its own. As I said this is a common ground system. What are you wanting to know or needing to do?

Basically; I cannot find that common ground wire. Supposedly it is suppose to attach to the rear of one of the heads.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check the wire colors on the injectors and see what color is common and/or just trace them back. I believe the "R" that is next to each ground wire in the pic above refers to the color of red that ford liked to use for grounds back then.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
check the wire colors on the injectors and see what color is common and/or just trace them back. I believe the "R" that is next to each ground wire in the pic above refers to the color of red that ford liked to use for grounds back then.

Red is the common color so supposedly the ground. In the pic you posted; the red goes to "Splice S127 on page 24-1"

Would you mind checking that splice on that page or posting a pic? Thanks! I appreciate the help. I'm just not seeing any body grounds from the injection harness like I expected.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well good thing we looked that up as it isn't a common ground but a negative trigger with a common hot.
IMG_20150730_171415355.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
On that diagram it says to check "Grounds" on page 10-3. What a wild goose chase. Lol.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I still can't figure out if the injector harness should have a body ground or if it's possibly grounded through the pcm. Am I missing something?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
First off I am just looking/reading the schematics and if someone else knows more or that I am wrong please correct me.

From what I can tell it isn't a common ground like I said at first its exactly the opposite. What that means is that rather then the one common wire between all the injectors going to ground it goes to an +12v ignition wire, and then the ground signal from the computer is what activates the injector.

Are you making your own harness?

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
I'm using the factory harness but re-checking everything after installing the new engine. I've read where folks have had runability issues when the injector harness ground is not hooked up. This may be a Fox thing but I thought I'd check. I'm doing a few initial things before taking the car in for a tune.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
having just taken that harness off and then moved it in my attempt to tuck/hide all the wiring in the engine bay I can tell you that it is not grounded anywhere.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
having just taken that harness off and then moved it in my attempt to tuck/hide all the wiring in the engine bay I can tell you that it is not grounded anywhere.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

kb1982

Reaction score
One wire is a ecm ground and the other is a power wire. The ecm switches the ground to fire the injector, so the injectors use the ecm grounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online