Injector size?

Caboose302

Reaction score
Ok so I realized I need to get my car running right. Couple close losses made me realize if I had just a little more power I could compete with some pretty decent cars around here. My old dyno sheet had 299/338
Tuner recommended 30# injectors and a 80mm Pro-M meter.
Added an SCT 4 bank chip and tuned at 252/ and something like 290 tq and smells like its running rich (even though he said it was right) Ironically I was pulling out of a gravel parking lot and ripped off my passenger side wheel well and discovered a huge vacuum leak. Plugged the leak and seems like it's running even more rich now.
Buddy said he has some 24#s I can try.
Here's the info:
DSS block with forged pistons (PI style, stock compression)
Fox Lake Stage 2 PI heads
PI intake
70mm TB
Stage 1 custom cams
80mm Pro-M maf
MAC shorty header
Full exhaust

Specs for heads and cams
5ure4y6u.jpg
pygu7era.jpg
aha9u2yj.jpg

Do you think the 30s are too big?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
No I would leave the injectors in. You've got quite a bit of n/a power your tuner was right on using them. Running rich sounds like maybe a timing issue to me. Too much of it. Do you have a handheld you can adjust it with? Or do you have to go back to your tuner? Either way don't mess with the injectors they're fine. Your issue lies elsewhere. I'd start with timing and go from there

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I agree, I think the 30's are fine. You have an underlying tuning issue it sounds like. Do you have a wideband in the car?

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
No I'm going to order a wide and with my new H-pipe then get it retuned. The guy I took it to is a wizard with 5.0 engines but I've been hearing he's hit or miss with the 4.6s.
I'm going to take it to a guy I know is really good with SOHC engines and will look it over before it even goes on the rollers.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.