injector upgrade

Reaction score
So I'm finishing up my head gasket install and found out i still have the stock 19lb injectors. Should i put 24s in it? Car has as of right now a unknown cam, afr 165 comp heads,1.7 roller rockers, stock 70mm maf,70mm edelbrock throttle body, rpm ii intake and a sct 4 bank tune. Now if i do the injector swap i won't be able to get it tuned for like 6 months... Can i get away with running it rich or should i just stick with stock? The cam does have some lope to it so i doubt its stock.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think 24’s would be too much of a reach. Pretty sure that’s what the cobras came with and your setup is better then a factory cobra. Just make sure to get the sampling tube to match the injectors and see how she does.

Rich isnt as bad as lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Reaction score
I don’t think 24’s would be too much of a reach. Pretty sure that’s what the cobras came with and your setup is better then a factory cobra. Just make sure to get the sampling tube to match the injectors and see how she does.

Rich isnt as bad as lean.

just pulled my maf apart. It has the sampling tube for 30lb injectors. so can i pull mark 8 injectors and use the sampling tube off of one of them? It is a c&l maf housing

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I remember the good ol'days of matched maf's and injectors. OBD2 put an end to that!

OP
OP

Reaction score
well apparently it has 24lbs in it already. I double checked the injectors and they appear to be venom 24lb injectors. Would explain the venom sticker on my windshield too lol.

OP
OP

Reaction score
I remember the good ol'days of matched maf's and injectors. OBD2 put an end to that!

i was about to pull the plug on a 98 actually but came across this car for 3k. Cant pass up afr heads a cam and edelbrock intake with a rebuilt bottom end for that :p

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why it has a 30lb sampling tube but only 19’s. Not sure of the specs on the mark’s as they run mods and I stay away from them. Lol

But I’d still say 24’s will be fine.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Not sure why it has a 30lb sampling tube but only 19’s. Not sure of the specs on the mark’s as they run mods and I stay away from them. Lol

But I’d still say 24’s will be fine.

i misread the chart. It has the tube for 24lbs. I was looking at the 88-93 as my dad has a 91 and i just got this car lol. Not use to it. It also has venom 24lbs. I called the guy that i bought it from. They are orange like the stock 19s and look like them. Looked it up online to verify and they look correct

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty then!!! Lol

So discussion is over and it’s decided, you should go with the 24’s and the 24 sample tube you already have installed!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online