Injectors and fuel pump

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
My goal for my car NA is 360-380 at the wheels. question 1 is concerning the fuel pump. What should I look at doing with the fuel system? Will just a 255 fuel pump needed or will I need to look at something like the KB BAP?

Question 2 is injectors. Is there any rule as to what injectors are needed for HP levels?

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
good luck with 360 to the rear wheels with out nitrous or a blower, but I say drop some 24 injectors in there and the 255 fuel pump.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
good luck with 360 to the rear wheels with out nitrous or a blower, but I say drop some 24 injectors in there and the 255 fuel pump.

360 is attainable.

Boomer!

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
MustangMatt96GT said:

360 is attainable.

Ken Bejonnes had made 368 rwhp (IIRC), he had the best of the best of parts and the car was not streetable. Expect to see 300-330 and be happy, unless you plan to do a bigbore or a 4 valve set-up it is going to be hard to overcome the inadequecies the 2 valve suffers from N/A. There is a huge problem, the engines lack volumetric efficiency, even the best built 2 valve N/A will not come near 80%(V.E)

If you are going try to attain 330+rwhp here are a few thing you'll need, 255 lph pump, 30# injectors, forged lightweight H or I beam rods, true flat top pistons with valve reliefs, a balanced rotating assembly, ported heads to work best best with a N/A combo and a huge set of cams. You will also need to have a huge pocket , not only for parts but gas ( minimum of 110 octane)..

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Boomer! said:
jfor441 said:
MustangMatt96GT said:

360 is attainable.

Ken Bejonnes had made 368 rwhp (IIRC), he had the best of the best of parts and the car was not streetable. Expect to see 300-330 and be happy, unless you plan to do a bigbore or a 4 valve set-up it is going to be hard to overcome the inadequecies the 2 valve suffers from N/A. There is a huge problem, the engines lack volumetric efficiency, even the best built 2 valve N/A will not come near 80%(V.E)

If you are going try to attain 330+rwhp here are a few thing you'll need, 255 lph pump, 30# injectors, forged lightweight H or I beam rods, true flat top pistons with valve reliefs, a balanced rotating assembly, ported heads to work best best with a N/A combo and a huge set of cams. You will also need to have a huge pocket , not only for parts but gas ( minimum of 110 octane)..

Thanks for the info... The motor is all forged. Heads are on the way mod motor racing in Cali. I do have the cams. I will be running the Snow Performance water-methanol kit so I don't have to run race gas. Modular Mustang Racing says they built a car very similar to what I am doing and the car made 340 on pumpgas and 380 race gas. Those numbers are to the wheels. My car will be running 12.5:1 compression. I am expecting alot. I have a lot of money in just the motor alone.

I am also about to have a Bullitt intake on its way too. Kooks headers and mid pipe...

Boomer!

Reaction score
What cams are you going to run ? What are the specs. on the cams ? MMR huh, they are decent but take what they tell you with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Boomer! said:
What cams are you going to run ? What are the specs. on the cams ? MMR huh, they are decent but take what they tell you with a grain of salt.

Right now I am going to be running the Comp Cams XE274H. 236/240-duration at .500 and 114 LSA

voidfinger

Reaction score
I would look at the 5.4 2v swap. I know a guy on here that made 360 rwhp and 360 rwtq. so it is a viable option. This wasn't a super radical motor either... plus try getting any low end torque with a 360 hp 4.6 lol

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
I would look at the 5.4 2v swap. I know a guy on here that made 360 rwhp and 360 rwtq. so it is a viable option. This wasn't a super radical motor either... plus try getting any low end torque with a 360 hp 4.6 lol

I am already balls deep in my current build LOL... As far as low end torque goes that's why I have gears...

Boomer!

Reaction score
The only down fall I see with a 5.4 is the heads barley work well enough for a 4.6 adding the cubes with a still very shrouded valve is a waste. To each their own though, not to mention the fact that you are limited on the intakes available. Yes I know they make adapters, that just messes with the injector spray pattern making things even worse..

jfor441, you are going to need alot more cam if you want to reach your goal ...

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Boomer! said:
jfor441, you are going to need alot more cam if you want to reach your goal ...

There is not a whole of difference between this cam and the one designed for a PI motor. This is the one Comp Cams recommended for my goals. I'll see how it works and I may have to go to a custom grind. We'll see. My biggest issue is finding someone to tune it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online