Injectors (SVO Blower thread)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol very nice, i've been talking about the svo blower and everyone is throwing crap down my neck..

For instance, they say ...."yea, let him dyno it five times in a row and i bet on the fifth time it wouldn't break 390hp" i'm guessing because of the heat. Also, they said that the units hate higher rpm. I saw from the graph that it went to 6k before coming down and then they said that it was an exspensive kit. :dunno: It looks cool to me for the things but looking at a kb its like 5k for the unit ya know.

those pulls were back to back w/n an hour of each other after 2 1/2 hours on the dyno.

voidfinger

Reaction score
o ok, so one question. Did the vacuum leak cause the rod to warp or what really caused it to do it???

voidfinger

Reaction score
so one engine burp on a down shift and the stock componits are gone. :( O well, guess some bargan h beams and some forged pistons are in order :blah2:

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
voidfinger said:
so did it detonate or what? i don't get it? also, what did you do with the svo blower and stuff? also, could you tell me what other mods and stuff you had done to the car at the time so i can get an idea of what i'm looking at?

i always had a pinging problem with the car no matter how much timing i pulled. come to find out it ended up being a vacuum leak i never knew about. I ended up selling the blower.

mods were:

04GT longblock
crower stage 2 blower cams
comp cams valve springs
90mm LMAF
42# injectors
255lph hi pressure intank walbro pump
kirban adj. fuel pressure regulator
6psi pulley
FRPP shorty headers
Mac O/R H pipe
2 chamber flows welded into stock catback
X-cal 2 w/ custom tune
4.10 gears

thats pretty much it

My only question is did you do all of these mods on the stock ECU, or the one that was supplied in the kit? I've heard that my blower FRPP ECU with a custom chip is crap and I should go back to the stock ECU with a custom chip. Your thoughts? The pinging issue...I only have it ping on the two higher performance tunes on my JMS 3-bank....but it pulls sooo hard. I imagine that there has to be a way to tune my car so it is a turn-key daily driver and yet a race ready monster all while not having any ECU or pinging issues.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so one engine burp on a down shift and the stock componits are gone. :( O well, guess some bargan h beams and some forged pistons are in order :blah2:

the car had "issues" that night. It was running extremely rich for unknown reason and had little to no power. I believe what happened, is when i "blipped" the throttle it had a good bit of unburnt gas charged that ignited as the piston was on the exhaust stroke and when this happened it bent the rod.

The vacuum leak is the main reason it bent the rod, but the pinging issue didn't help much either.

All of those mods were done on the FRPP supplied ECU. Speaking of which, i am still running the FRPP ECU in the car now w/ the turbo setup and a MPH break-inn tune.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so you like the frpp computer unit then?

Same question from me as well. I actually have both computers in my posession, the FRPP ECU is in the car right now. If I'm running the FRPP blower, then I'm best to use the FRPP ECU right?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe Tim @ MPH knows alot more about tuning then the tuners who were having issues with the SVO computers :dunno:
Tim is one of if not the best tuners in the country.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Maybe Tim @ MPH knows alot more about tuning then the tuners who were having issues with the SVO computers :dunno:

I'll look for a phone number.... He isn't a frequent flyer on this site by any chance is he?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
the frpp computer is what i have now. its a decent computer to get you by, BUT you STILL need a dyno tune.

dont forget that the frpp computer is essentially a stock computer recalibrated for the larger injectors and airflow.

it still had to perform within emissions somewhat, and it leaves alot to be desired in performance

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
DropTopPony said:

I'll look for a phone number.... He isn't a frequent flyer on this site by any chance is he?

No, follow the link in the above post. Tim is one of the few tuners that its worth driving 1000 miles to go to.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
I was looking at something a little closer than Georgia. I've heard about this Jon Lund guy near Philadelphia. I'm gonna save up some more and do my cams while I'm at it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If your in the Philly area you want Kauffmans in Dillsburg PA, they are the NorthEast = to Tim at MPH in Modular tuning world.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
I'm definitely not in the philly area. I'm in Southern Maryland. There has to be someone closer than that. There's a place in Mount Airy, MD. that does custom SCT tuning on a dyno.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Yeah, they did all of the work actually. I've considered them, just checking on my options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online