Installed C springs and Tokico Illuminas

padge

Reaction score
Hey guys, I installed my FRPP C springs and Tokico Illuminas this weekend and thought I'd throw up a pic. The springs I got were used and had the rear coil cut off of them. I'm glad I put the isolators in on the rear otherwise it would sit too low for my taste. I'm even more glad I didn't put the front isolators in otherwise I would have hated the look as the rear would have looked as though it was sagging. I almost wonder if the guy I bought them from cut a bit more off the rear? Oh well I love the look of it now. The tokico's have a completely different feel from stock, it rides really nice. Not very harsh but the stiffness is definately there. I think i have the fronts set on 5 and the rears on 4. Overall it took me and a buddy about 10 hours to do the install lol... add on breaks for beer and food and we probably spent a good 13 hours tackling the project. Most of the problems were from not having our tools that organized and stubborn bolts that wouldn't come off. We had an impact which made the job 1000x easier though...but the air pressure on my buddies tank was a little low :p. Anyway it was my first suspension install and I learned a lot. Enough talk though here's the pic:

c-springs-illuminas.jpg

I have all the parts for my 4.10 gear install, so sometime within the next 2 weeks I'll be installing those too, can't wait :)

OP
OP
P

padge

Reaction score
Lol I know, hopefully i'll have a set by next summer ;D

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
nice drop man. Looks so much better than the dreaded 4x4 :rant:

Whitepony

Reaction score
Awesome! :bunny3: what are your shocks set at? i have the same one being installed right now i want to know whats the best setting..

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Make sure to post a picture in the lowering springs database thread. O0

OP
OP
P

padge

Reaction score
Thanks guys :D.

Twista said:
nice drop man. Looks so much better than the dreaded 4x4 :rant:

Thanks man, the 4x4 was killing me, and suspension was cheaper than wheels and wouldn't slow me down... so suspension came first :p.

Whitepony said:
Awesome! :bunny3: what are your shocks set at? i have the same one being installed right now i want to know whats the best setting..

I have the back set on 4 and the fronts set on 5. It's a little harsh for daily driving though i'll probably set them at 3 instead.

Red96GT said:
Make sure to post a picture in the lowering springs database thread. O0

You bet O0

OP
OP
P

padge

Reaction score
Rio red is right, it needs a nice polish and wax though...

OP
OP
P

padge

Reaction score
Thanks ;D

I have a concern though... the rears have settled a bit and it seems like the back is lower than the front now... which i despise. I'm wondering if the previous owner of these springs didn't cut more than 1 coil off the rears... anyway I was thinking of taking the fronts off and cutting off half a coil or something. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow and show you guys.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
your front looks pretty low in those pice...cuttin off 1/2 coil will leave you sittin on tire IMO.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
It looks great!!! I believe you said you want to buy new wheels. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

OP
OP
P

padge

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
It looks great!!! I believe you said you want to buy new wheels. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

Thanks dude! It will be awhile until I do buy new wheels... but right now I would get 18" polished saleens, or black FR500's O0.

DFG_Pimpin said:
your front looks pretty low in those pice...cuttin off 1/2 coil will leave you sittin on tire IMO.

A member from here with Eibach pro-kit springs cut 1/2 a coil off the front and it looks pretty good... it's fairly low though ya. It depends what angle you look at my car from... but overall it looks pretty even. I guess i was just hoping for a slight rake with these springs and didn't get that. That's what you get for buying used though, but for $75 I couldn't resist :D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online