Installed Lowering springs, How long to settle?

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
I installed my Eibach prokit and FRPP caster camber plates, my question is after i installed the springs and lowered the car off the jack my front dropped 1" right away and the rear a 1/2". after driving about 40 miles the front went down another 1/4" to 1 1/4" total . and the rear is still only a 1/2" lower than stock, WTF? will the rear take longer to drop because there is no weight in the back? I installed the springs exactly as the instructions show. How long should i wait to go for and alignment?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got mine done about a week after I had my eibach springs put on. It settled a little more right after the springs were put in but not much.

boss281

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
I installed my Eibach prokit and FRPP caster camber plates, my question is after i installed the springs and lowered the car off the jack my front dropped 1" right away and the rear a 1/2". after driving about 40 miles the front went down another 1/4" to 1 1/4" total . and the rear is still only a 1/2" lower than stock, WTF? will the rear take longer to drop because there is no weight in the back? I installed the springs exactly as the instructions show. How long should i wait to go for and alignment?

I know exactly how you feel. Mine took a solid week, and I freaked when it first came off the lift. On my vehicle, the rear actually dropped a bit more, but I suspect that's the extra weight of the convertible. The front finally came down and it all leveled out.

4point6GT

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:

yours came with instructions ? WTF?!?! :mad: mine didnt or are the instructions the ones that came in that lil plastic bag with that lil black rubber thing ur suppose to install in the rear ? :hammer:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
do you have iso's or did you keep them in? it can take up to six months for them to fully settle. mine took less than a week, but i still havent gotten an alignment and mine were installed in January. :-\

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
well its been a couple more days. i took her for a long cruise today and i measured it when i got home and the front went down another 1/4" and the rear went down another 1/4". So the front went 1 1/2" total lower and the rear 3/4". hopefully the rear drops more after a few more days of driving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online