Installing a msd digital shift light

96 blue moon

Reaction score
I do not have a monster tach in my car to mount the shift light. With my setup I have in my car I was thinking about mounting the shift light on the top part of my steering bezel. I do have a instument cluster pod that holds my oil and water gauges. you can't really see them in the picture. The MSD digital shift light is pretty small. What do you guys suggest to mount the shift light. I am open for suggestions. Here is a picture of the gauges set up in my car. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

9psi 98

Reaction score
You HAVE to mount that thing inside the left-center A/C vent in the middle of your dash. Leave the night cover off of it and aim the deflectors away from you if it's too bright for you at night.... But, 99% of the time you won't even notice it's there. Most importantly, no one else will know it's there either. Nothing says "I'll race everything including my own shadow" like a shift light mounted somewhere that everyone can see. I did the big 5" tach on the dash with one of my previous mustangs and regretted it every day....go with the clean/sleeper look Greg.

OP
OP

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I will see what that looks like. I do have a dimmer switch built in the shift light.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Mine has a dimmer switch as well, but once you mount the light and re-install the vent you won't be able to get to it. You'll want the orange wire with a white stripe coming out of your ECU harness to tap into if you don't have something like an MSD ignition box with a tach light port on it.

OP
OP

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Thanks scott 5. That is where I was thinking about installing the shift light also. I really don't have any where else to mount the light with my set up.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
You HAVE to mount that thing inside the left-center A/C vent in the middle of your dash. Leave the night cover off of it and aim the deflectors away from you if it's too bright for you at night.... But, 99% of the time you won't even notice it's there. Most importantly, no one else will know it's there either. Nothing says "I'll race everything including my own shadow" like a shift light mounted somewhere that everyone can see. I did the big 5" tach on the dash with one of my previous mustangs and regretted it every day....go with the clean/sleeper look Greg.

Definately follow his advice. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online