Installing clutch as we speak! **FEW PICS UP**

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah we just haven't jacked it back up yet.. dad just got here and were doing it now.. cya guys later on tonight!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
man i hope my t5 comes out easy :noes:

T-5's are a bit easier to do because you can split the trans from the bell housing.

You should change your trans fluid while you have the trans out. It is alot easier to fill the trans through the gear shiter hole in the top of the trans than the fill plug in the side.

97blackgt

Reaction score
make sure to post plenty of pics...i gatta do my clutch in 2 weeks O0

i cant imagine working on the floor like that....luckily i have a lift, and a powertrain lift for the tranny...and all the tools i need

Good luck though, and send some pics of the old clutch

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, i know it was a pain in the ass trying to fill the tranny fluid in my 79 f150 so i figured it would pry be even worse with the stang. Good to hear it is a little easier than the 96-98. The nice thing about my 79 f 150 is there is a plate that you unbolt from the floor pan that gives ya a hole big enough to pull the trans out top and easy access to the top bolts.I was debating on changing the fluid now but i dunno if i should even bother because i need to pull it and rebuild it this spring/summer when i get the cash/time. Ill pry just pull the plug and get a look @ the fluid to see if it is toast or not and if so ill drain it and fill it up. It only takes like 3 quarts anyways. Maybe ill get lucky and it will shift better ::)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
make sure to post plenty of pics...i gatta do my clutch in 2 weeks O0

i cant imagine working on the floor like that....luckily i have a lift, and a powertrain lift for the tranny...and all the tools i need

Good luck though, and send some pics of the old clutch

Lucky bastard. Ill be pulling mine out using jackstands :comando:

97blackgt

Reaction score
bring it to my college and ill do it for u for free :drunk:

4point6GT

Reaction score
yea man lots of pics n info, I got a t-45 and my clutch comes in sometime this week. So I could use alot of suggestions ;) looks like everyone is gettin ready 4 summer and startin by puttin in a new clutch

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok wow... today sucked.. we FINALLY got the tranny out and the clutch/PP off too... man was today a day.. we ended the top bolts with about 3 1/2" drive extensions, a 1/2" swivle, and a breaker bar.. so we went out and spent like a hundred bucks on tools that we didn't end up using... actually we did but we broke a few of the "Forged/guaranteed for life" things lol and the others just wouldn't work.. but we finally got it out.. tomorrow we are going to go get a tranny jack instead of using this other jack that we got (atv type jack but it sucked.) and we bought a 20ton hydraulic pump to support the engine.. soo hopefully this stupid tranny goes in a bit easier than it came out.. only thing we accomplished today was getting the tranny out. we started at about 130-2 and finished at about 5..

tomorrow, we may go get the flywheel resurfaced (im about to take a picture for you guys to determine if it needs it or not, we may just do it to do it) and then we are going to start assembling the new clutch kit. im excited to get my car back together and i am just praying to the big man above that it will go in easier than it came out..

pics will come in a bit if i have time.. :) thanks for your help guys so far!

97blackgt

Reaction score
i know ur tired and everything....

but we need pics! :rant:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
iono man.. i just wanna kick back for right now. im so effin tired man. ill try to upload some later.. i still wanna go take some of the clutch assembly and the flywheel.. its dark though. ill figure it out.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
it will always go back in easier than when you took it out, cause now you know how everything goes together, i would also highly recommend re surfacing the flywheel no matter what, cause your luck you dont put all that crap back in and the clutch doesnt perform to it peak performance, spend the extra money and get it re surfaced, you will be happy

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, quick question... is an adjustable clutch cable/quadrant a good idea? i want to do everything i can while im messing with this dang transmission.. im pretty sure i wouldn't need to drop the tranny again to do a clutch cable/quadrant.. doesn't it just connect to the clutch fork? but yeah, give me ideas.. i got like a 150 but id rather spend way way way less than that.. i just want to add more stuff lol. let me know guys!

oh and im ordering centercaps tonight, finally.. saleen centercaps too! :)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
hey guys, quick question... is an adjustable clutch cable/quadrant a good idea? i want to do everything i can while im messing with this dang transmission.. im pretty sure i wouldn't need to drop the tranny again to do a clutch cable/quadrant.. doesn't it just connect to the clutch fork? but yeah, give me ideas.. i got like a 150 but id rather spend way way way less than that.. i just want to add more stuff lol. let me know guys!

oh and im ordering centercaps tonight, finally.. saleen centercaps too! :)
i didnt install mine, but after everything is bolted back up, make sure you pull up on the clutch cable

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
you didn't install what? your clutch or your adjustable cable (if you have one)?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
you didn't install what? your clutch or your adjustable cable (if you have one)?
niether our cars have an adjustable clutch on them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.