Instrument bulbs

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
What led bulbs do I need for the heater controls and the guage cluster I thought I used 194's last time but I've got people telling me that there to hot and I'm supposed to use 161's can someone she'd some light on this for me tia I have a 03 gt

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No matter what LEDs you use, you're not going to get a completely even light distribution across the panel like you do with incandescent bulbs. If the unit has a transparent colored film on the back, make sure you leave it on there.

And as far as the 194 vs 161 bulb. They'll both work. The incandescent variant of the 194 bulb is 3.78 watts and the 161 is 2.66 watts.... so the 194 is about 40% brighter. When shopping for LEDs, most places just group them together and you're going to get the same bulb regardless.

Another word of advise: Buy high quality LEDs. Steer clear of the eBay garbage from the China sellers, or else you'll be tearing it all apart again a month from now.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry DeepList my experience is a bit different...
The led swap I did on my 94 was even distributed, no hot or dead spots. My bulbs were also dirt cheap...Ebay seller is jtechnowcom
I got a couple 6 pack of 5 x 5050 SMD LED White Super Bright.

rO9Rv9Il.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bear in mind, new edges use a smaller wedge base bulb in the instrument cluster. This is all covered in the sticky, you just have to dig through the pages. I just don't remember where it is.

The HVAC controls are still the regular 194 bulbs. Get some WLEDx5 bulbs that shine in every direction. I have a very even distribution on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.