Instrument Cluster problems

SonicMadness

Reaction score
I have a 95 mustang coupe that has a speedo and tach problem. The speedo reads too fast and the tach doesn't read right. This may be do to the fact that its now a 5.0 and still has the v6 cluster. :) So I recently purchased another cluster out of a 95 GT to put in. I went to install it and the tach and the speedo don't read at all on the new one. All the other gauges work fine however. I don't think the cluster is bad because it is in excellent shape with only 59k miles on it. Do you guys have any advice on what might be going wrong. I have the complete swap from a 95 mustang gt in my car except for the cluster. All ideas will be considered. Thanks :help2:

OP
OP
S

SonicMadness

Reaction score
Well I got it to work finally. The tach is still alittle jumpy. Wiggling the wires showed that its a connection issue. Any ideas on how to fix it would be great. Now the speedo reads about 10mph too fast at any speed. I currently have a 20 tooth speedo gear in. I need two more teeth. In the process of finding a 22 teeth gear. I noticed that 23 teeth are real common. How would that affect my speedometer readings?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online