Instrument Cluster Question

stangman281v8

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 1995 Mustang GT. The temp gauge was not working so I replaced it with a cluster from another GT. The millage on the original cluster is 104,XXX and the millage on the new cluster is 84,XXX. the millage on the new cluster is not working.

So here is my question. Is it possible to remove the odometer and trip along with the electronics from the original cluster and swap it over to the new cluster without taking the gauge face. The gauge faces are white from the original cluster.

Or can I roll the millage forward on the new cluster when I replace the gears in the cluster.

Thanks,
Rob

lutter94

Reaction score
You should be able to remove the stepper motor from behind the temp gauge, and install it in yours.

The odometer gear is broken on your new cluster. And do you want the black or white face at the end of the day?

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I would prefer to use the cluster with the stock gauge faces. I also don't think the needles were put back in the correct place when they put the white faces on. I can fix the odometer gear, but I want to get the millage correct.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure you can swap the odometer and it would probably make it easier to replace the gear as well. You can probably take that out of the new one

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
Alright thanks. I will take them both a part to see what I can find. I will post in this thread with the outcome.

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
It will be a few weeks until I can get some pictures since the car is sitting at my parents house (65 miles away). However, I had my father take apart the cluster and you can swap the odometer and the motors from one cluster to another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online