Intake Bolts Same?

Downshift

Reaction score
Didnt know if I should make a seperate thread or not but I did anyway lol. I am getting ready to switch from my stock GT intake to a 93 cobra and have everything I need.... I THINK.

When I bought the Intake it came with no bolts

So can I use my GT manifold bolts? Which doesnt sound right to me.

Or do I need to buy some for the cobra intake? If so where?

Thanks I wanna get this thing on haha.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i do not believe the bolts will work. the 2 short upper bolts will work but you need the other longer upper bolts. i know you can get the bolts from places, the part # has slipped my mind or you can just go to the hardware store and get 5/16 bolts. i think they are like 6 1/2 and 5 1/2 long or something. id find out for ya but i got to go to work so if ya dont find out by tonight ill look for ya

95Boss

Reaction score
When I swapped my stock intake out for a '95 Cobra intake, I needed new long bolts. I ordered them from a Ford dealer.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya I figured that the two long ones wouldnt work with it being a taller intake. Thanks guys I appreciate your help.

Hey meangrn gt that would be awesome man thanks!

916_5.0

Reaction score
Dude you can probable get the bolts from summit i believe that they sell intkae mounting hardware.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I have looked and they have the short ones and then some for gt40 upper intakes and im not sure thats the same. I would rather just go get the long ones from like lowes or something and not have to spend as much and I could make sure they fit before I bought them ya know.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
ya, im having this same problem. i just bought a FMS SVO upper and lower and i need to know where i can get the intake bolts.(Are they the same as the GT-40?) i found a set for gt-40 intake on 50resto.com. I also need the studs for the egr and the throttle body.

ryclef331

Reaction score
MAN...y'all need to stop spending all this money on shipping! Plus, you're wasting time!

LOWES or HOME DEPOT have EVERYTHING you need!

The lower intake bolts are the same...intake to intake. I've had 3 different intakes on my car...still on the same bolts!

The uppers ARE different however...SAME thread pitch but different LENGTHS!

A Cobra's upper intake bolts are as follows!

2@ 5/16 x 18 x 1.62"
2@ 5/16 x 18 x 6.07"
2@ 5/16 x 18 x 6.85"

the bold lettering is the Quantity of bolts AND (the important part) THREAD PITCH!

Write that down, take your happy asses on down to the hardware store with about 10 bucks or less. Either get the bolts listed above OR get a LONG piece of 5/16 x 18 threaded rod and appropriate nuts. Washers too! Take it home and make your own studs with a dremel (this is how ALL of my cars have been). If you can't get the bolts in that exact length....get longer with extra washers. NEVER short yourself on threads....they'll pull off.

The throttle body is different intake to intake but I believe MOST are 5/16 x 18 on the fox flange...i think its the sn95 flange thats different.

FINALLY, if you were cheap like me, you didn't get the high dollar hardware...so BE CAREFUL when tightening it all down! You can shear the head right off of bolts with out much problem....which is why I like to make my studs. Regardless. Remember, there IS more than one bolt holding down that upper intake with its Flat Machined Surfaces and Gaskets so you don't have to crank the shit out of it (thats my disclaimer...after having to remove numerous broken intake bolts for friends).

that should clear up any misconceptions

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Lol exactly I would much rather drive 2 miles and get some bolts for 10 bucks then get them from summit wait a day and pay 18 bucks or so. Thanks again ryclef. Glad your the mod this swap wouldnt have gone so easily without your help thanks again. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online