Intake help/ suggestions

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its fairly easy to Gasket match the upper/lower and the lower/heads. I was surprised how much I took out to get them too match.

RichV

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but I have a similar question:

I'm keeping the GT40 heads on this motor, but was wondering if it's worth the $ to upgrade the "cobra" intake when I have it off to address my injectors. 10-12psi from a S trim; stock cam. This intake needs to be painted at the least so will something like a Trick Flow provide any benefit with the stock heads/cam and a blower?

I probably would go bigger on the intake. You're making enough power that the stock POS is a restriction, definitely after you do the heads. Your boost will probably drop a couple of PSI from heads and intake, but you'll make more powa!

kb1982

Reaction score
Heres a setup that you dont see often. Ive seen one pic, of a guy running stock sn95 rails on one. No need to worry about valve cover clearance. Actually it wouldnt be any more expensive than the other more traditional intakes often ran on 5.0's. Most guys spend 600 for them new, and 300 for a bigger tb to match. This intake cost 330 plus 520 for the throttlebody which will outflow traditional sytle tb's. This setup would be awesome for a max effort screamer.

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
Heres a setup that you dont see often. Ive seen one pic, of a guy running stock sn95 rails on one. No need to worry about valve cover clearance. Actually it wouldnt be any more expensive than the other more traditional intakes often ran on 5.0's. Most guys spend 600 for them new, and 300 for a bigger tb to match. This intake cost 330 plus 520 for the throttlebody which will outflow traditional sytle tb's. This setup would be awesome for a max effort screamer.

That is exactly what I want it looks amazing

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2

kb1982

Reaction score
I would love a setup like that also instead of my Holley Systemax intake. Alot of guys use a 90 degree elbow with standard style oversized throttlebodies with that setup. I would love to have a 4150 style tb myself that uses a gm tps and iac sensor, topped with a hat. Be aware, that this setup is for serious airflow, such as big cam, high flow heads, and lots of rpms. The elbow below is what most use, the second is what I would top it off with.

kb1982

Reaction score
It just bolts to the 4150 or 4500 style flange (carb flange) of the intake manifold. It allows the use of a stock style TB, and if u already have a traditional but larger tb, you could resuse it and your throttle cable. The bottom tb would require the use of a carb throttle cable and bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online