Intake help/ suggestions

darinmasse

Reaction score
Wanting to buy a new intake upper and lower or just upper if there's any that will bolt to stock lower

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2

RichV

Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is, but you'd be better off with doing some heads as well. Maybe a GT40 top end (intake and heads), you can find them on craigslist for relatively cheap.

Just an intake will get you a little power past 3500 rpm, but IMO while the intake is off is a perfect time to get the heads done too. Unless you already have some better heads.

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
Yeah I've been thinking about that to and ik where there's an explore that has it all but been having a tiff time trunk to get it

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
But I wanna do somtjong different not the same thing as every one else

RichV

Reaction score
It's a 5.0, it's all been done. Important thing is that it works, it's all been proven time and time again.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
It's a 5.0, it's all been done. Important thing is that it works, it's all been proven time and time again.

Indeed, not a whole lot left to come up with after umpteen zillion years of classic 5.0 development.

Fuel Injected ITB's maybe? I have always wanted to do that!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Well if you wanna be different , I hope your a machinist because everything's been done before for the most part with these . Just do what's tried tested and true

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
Idont mean completely different but what hit with a 5.0 hasn't done a gt40 set up what I'm thinking is a set of afr heads and 86-93 Saleen intake ported and polished and a SN elbow adapter

Kboss87

Reaction score
Idont mean completely different but what hit with a 5.0 hasn't done a gt40 set up what I'm thinking is a set of afr heads and 86-93 Saleen intake ported and polished and a SN elbow adapter

Have you set yourself a budget? Going from an explorer swap to afr's/saleen intake, is quite a jump.

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
I don't believe in budget even if it took me 10 years to afford the parts and could only buy so much at once it would be worth it

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
I just got done doing a 73 f250 that I started when I was 14 and I'm 22 now

RichV

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite the time commitment. I'm a 'get it running and enjoy it' kind of person. Although I have this crapbox 65 that can't seem to get off the ground.

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
Yea it was a labor of love
tahyqebe.jpg
that was the engine no pics of the truck on my phone

Magic

Reaction score

The AFR heads and Holley/Saleen intake combo is a good setup to aim for.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a ported 95 cobra intake that has been ported, needs paint though. Its green now, I used some candy paint to try and match the DFG and idunno I was never all that happy with it but it did get a lot of compliments. I am replacing it with a polished intake I am still working on. I could throw a coat of black or what ever you want on it. Not sure If I have the lower though.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite the time commitment. I'm a 'get it running and enjoy it' kind of person. Although I have this crapbox 65 that can't seem to get off the ground.

ha I'm the same way with the 66 coupe I have. :whip2:

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
I have a ported 95 cobra intake that has been ported, needs paint though. Its green now, I used some candy paint to try and match the DFG and idunno I was never all that happy with it but it did get a lot of compliments. I am replacing it with a polished intake I am still working on. I could throw a coat of black or what ever you want on it. Not sure If I have the lower though.

If u do happen to have the lower I'd be Intrested pm me

OP
OP
D

darinmasse

Reaction score
I just want this thing to breath lol Im only looking to make 300 horse nothing drastic just make it a fun daily street car

iamtheshaner

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but I have a similar question:

I'm keeping the GT40 heads on this motor, but was wondering if it's worth the $ to upgrade the "cobra" intake when I have it off to address my injectors. 10-12psi from a S trim; stock cam. This intake needs to be painted at the least so will something like a Trick Flow provide any benefit with the stock heads/cam and a blower?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online