Intake Plen and TB QUESTION!!!

blownstanger

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a 2002 Mustang GT. He wants to buy a Professional Products 75mm Intake Plenum and Throttle Body, but he wants to know it it will be too much air to fuel in his car. He wants to know if there's any tuning he needs to do or any steps he needs to take before or after he installs it. I told him it bolts right on and he should have to do anything else. It should run and install ass is right??? Or am I wrong?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

S

scarface

it might make his car a bit jumpy on the throttle, but i dont see where it would hurt anything. I had them on my 97gt, but I was blown. I would say NA he should stay with 70mm.

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
blownstang:

I have an Accufab 75 mm TB and upper plenum (got a good deal on them) on mine and didn't have to change anything. It is more sensitive at light throttle to the right foot now (better throttle response). Don't touch the throttle blade stop screw and don't drill a hole in the blade! If there's a problem with idle, look for vacuum leaks and any kink or problem with the throttle cable. If the problem persists, contact the manufacturer for their advice on adjusting the stop screw (if they recommend it at all).

HTH,

Chris

ripper

Reaction score
I have a 75mm accufab t/b plenum and the screw is floating. It doesnt even touch :dunno:

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
Stevo:

You need to get that screw to touch just a whisker. When the blade shuts, it will go past where it is supposed to and cut a groove around the throttle body. With the engine running, bring the screw up until it touches the throttle blade stop and keep going until the engine speed increases then back it off to reduce the idle speed to 'normal'. Hold it while tightening the locking nut. You might need to do this a couple of times to get it just right but it's better than messing up the throttle body.

Chris

ripper

Reaction score
Will do Chris. It idles a little low no anyhow. Thnx O0

Boomer!

Reaction score
Just remember, you can't use the adjustment screw to adjust idle as this is done by the ECM. As C hris said it only needs to touch to avoid damage to the blade itself. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online