INTAKE QUESTION

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
hey guys i know people ask this all the time but i just wanna make sure...will a cobra intake from a fox work on our cars? i know we need the elbow but is that it? are there any vacuum lines or egr that is different? also, an explorer intake is the same as a gt40 right?

thanks a lot...

Suspect

Reaction score
im pretty sure thats all u need. (elbow) and i think the gt40/explorer are the same, unless u mean the tubular gt40. which ill trade anyone for. ;)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I need to go out and find an explorer in the junk yard, what years are interchangeable? :dunno:

95_302vert

Reaction score
what is that elbow called? i think its an elbow adapter or some shit like that right?

Cause i have a cobra intake from a fox and need to know what i need

Tony Montana

Reaction score
95_302vert said:
what is that elbow called? i think its an elbow adapter or some shit like that right?

Cause i have a cobra intake from a fox and need to know what i need

Its the intake elbow adaptor, there is quite a few different manufacturers for them: SVO, Trickflow, Edelbrock to name a few. The elbow is all you need to fit a fox intake on a sn95

Anrev

Reaction score
97 - 2001 Explorers with the V8 have the GT40/Cobra intake. The Explorers have a 90 degree elbow that will need to be swapped out with a 45 degree elbow to fit the 94-95 5.0L Mustangs. Im going to the yard on Tuesday to look for one. If I find more than one Ill buy em and sell em.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
sweet man what about the heads? i heard the GT-40P heads are a good cheap upgrade to our heads too

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya but you need special headers for the p's due to the spark plugs

Reaction score
if your getting gt40 heads you want to find a 96-97.5 explorer since it has the regular gt40 heads and not the "p"

Green 94 331

Reaction score
there is another issue with the fox cobra intake. it has the egr built into the inlet. this sits the opening about an inch farther than it should be to put the throttle body in the right place. my suggestion would be to either do the fox throttle body conversion or to sell it and pick up a 94-95 cobra intake or a tubular gt40. also, the name of the adapter is a "throttle body inlet adapter"

Anrev

Reaction score
I thought the "P" heads out flowed the regular GT40 heads.

As far as exhaust manifolds. The stock Explorer or even the stock Stang manifolds will work just fine. Where you run into problems is the aftermarket headers. Especially the equal length ones.

Most of the aftermarket inlet adapters have the correct EGR location built in. So you can use any 5.0L intake. Including the Cobra or Explorer GT-40. The 94-95 Cobra is "bent" like the stock Stang intake. But those are VERY hard to find.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
Anrev said:
As far as exhaust manifolds. The stock Explorer or even the stock Stang manifolds will work just fine. Where you run into problems is the aftermarket headers. Especially the equal length ones.

so i wont be able to bolt up my longtubes to the GT-40 heads cuz of sparkplug wire location?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
shit just go buy the right headers to start with. the $$ for someone to "mod" them aint going to be any cheaper

Reaction score
SVTGizzi said:
hey guys i know people ask this all the time but i just wanna make sure...will a cobra intake from a fox work on our cars? i know we need the elbow but is that it? are there any vacuum lines or egr that is different? also, an explorer intake is the same as a gt40 right?

thanks a lot...

I have the manifold off my Cobra for sale. So you don't have to worry about the elbow and stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online