intake temp sensor

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my gauges are easily expandable and I am a techno geek who would like to see the intake temps, so I got an intake temp module to go with my build. I can't really find any info on where would be the best place to put it so I am curious if anyone here has any experience with them? I can put the sensor in the plastic tube just after the supercharger or I have some space on the back of the cobra intake that I could also put it. I am not sure if putting it in the aluminum intake would be bad after a while with heat-soak taking effect or if it might be good to know when I have hit that point with the sensor in it? Obviously the plastic tube portion would be easier to do but not sure if there is a bad point to putting it there? Thanks in advance all opinions welcome.

kb1982

Reaction score
Put it after the supercharger before the throttle body. If you have a meth injection kit, the meth nozzle needs to be before the sensor so it can read the temp change of the air. In the intake manifold like the foxbodys, it will develope heatsoak

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like its in the plastic then which isn't a problem. After some thought its already enough of PIA to get the vac lines off the bottom of the intake so another piece on the back to take off would just add too it. There is a spot on the super charger that is flat and looks to be made for drilling and tapping for something like a meth nozzle and that would be about the only place that it could really be put in front of the temp sensor. Only part I don't like about it is I would rather hide it up under the intake just for to keep it a little cleaner.

the.greg

Reaction score
If the iat sensor itself is plastic, it will start to melt after a while. Use a metal one if possible. Place it in the intake manifold so that you get accurate temp readings post-blower.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got a metal one for a fox body and mounted it in the lower intake like they have it. gives you the true intake air temp because you'll get the reading of the air right before it's entering the cylinder.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its a metal sensor. I was thinking the plastic would be the easiest place to put it but the way I have to rotate/twist it into place between the vortech/TB it might be harder then I was thinking. I will look at them hopefully tomorrow and see. I made a EGR block off place that I put a vac port on it but I might change some of the lines around so that it can use that spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online