Intercooler Options

97stanger

Legend
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
5,880
Reaction score
97
I am getting my Vortech SQ Trim Mongoose Kit installed March 10, and am starting to save up for an intercooler. I don't want to fab one up myself. I was looking at buying the Paxton A/A off of MPH, but $1500 for a intercooler is kind of rediculous. Are there any other intercoolers you guys are running that will support my SQ trim? I dont know if this matters, but keep in mind i have a 1997 GT. Pics would be awesome too! Thanks guys!
 

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
Buy a bar and plate intercooler on ebay for around $200.. buy a piping kit for $85... and boom...
 
S

scarface

Guest
TheBab said:
Buy a bar and plate intercooler on ebay for around $200.. buy a piping kit for $85... and boom...
where would one get this "piping kit"?
 

TheBab

Active Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
638
Reaction score
0
Search on ebay for intercooler piping... There will be all kinds of kits... 2.5" ... 3"... etc...I found a kit that is 3" piping with all the clamps/couplers and what not... also a TWELVE piece kit.. not a 8 piece kit like most... for around $100 shipped.


I'm going to be doing a DIY / Budget FMIC set up in the next month or so..

I'll take pictures through my process.. I'm going to spend less than $300-400....
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
TheBab said:
Search on ebay for intercooler piping... There will be all kinds of kits... 2.5" ... 3"... etc...I found a kit that is 3" piping with all the clamps/couplers and what not... also a TWELVE piece kit.. not a 8 piece kit like most... for around $100 shipped.


I'm going to be doing a DIY / Budget FMIC set up in the next month or so..

I'll take pictures through my process.. I'm going to spend less than $300-400....

interesting
 

SvtBlack95

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
1
ya you have to mock up you own cold side piping to work with you intercooler..... alot of guys at turbomustang.com do it fairly easy if your have a good eye and good at welding
 

quickstang_1994

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
2,208
Reaction score
12
Location
Cross Anchor, SC
blown97stanger said:
I am getting my Vortech SQ Trim Mongoose Kit installed March 10, and am starting to save up for an intercooler. I don't want to fab one up myself. I was looking at buying the Paxton A/A off of MPH, but $1500 for a intercooler is kind of rediculous. Are there any other intercoolers you guys are running that will support my SQ trim? I dont know if this matters, but keep in mind i have a 1997 GT. Pics would be awesome too! Thanks guys!

Vortech sells one.
 

97stanger

Legend
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
5,880
Reaction score
97
they do? If by Vortech you mean the Paxton a/a that is the one i am going to do
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
75,016
Messages
1,454,475
Members
13,636
Latest member
macsnjets

Members online

Top