Interesting Facebook post... "What is your favorite Mustang, and why?"

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
When I was 8-9 years old my dad took me to the auto show and I still remember seeing the mustang Mach III concept. I wanted that car so much. I had every model of it known to man. It’s one of the cars that really got me interested in cars. It’s because of that car I have always wanted an sn95. I finally have one now because of that car. Hopefully I can find the cars that hook my boys like this one did for me.
ETA: not as good looking as 8 year old me remembers lol.
F5B238ED-8D0A-4EEB-9CA3-304A403FC1EC.jpeg63B868DC-48FD-4E5A-956C-7C6AE0F1D3A8.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I was 8-9 years old my dad took me to the auto show and I still remember seeing the mustang Mach III concept. I wanted that car so much. I had every model of it known to man. It’s one of the cars that really got me interested in cars. It’s because of that car I have always wanted an sn95. I finally have one now because of that car. Hopefully I can find the cars that hook my boys like this one did for me.
ETA: not as good looking as 8 year old me remembers lol.
View attachment 22103View attachment 22104
I actually saw this car or something very similar out in az. The guy that had it said he would make another if someone wanted to pay him enough so I wasn't sure exactly what that meant if it was just a complete reproduction or if he was in on the original or what.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
To me, I think that what John Colletti did with the Super Stallion was Ford's crowning Mustang achievement and that was decades ago now. Amazing that they were able to do that way back when, but even more amazing that nothing Ford has made in the Mustang space has yet to top it.

Anyone remember the Ford GT-90? I had the model of that car and god damn. This along with the Mach III were amazing cars. But I also remember in '92 when that Viper first came out too. Always has been a dream car of mine, both the original and the last generation Vipers.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To me, I think that what John Colletti did with the Super Stallion was Ford's crowning Mustang achievement and that was decades ago now. Amazing that they were able to do that way back when, but even more amazing that nothing Ford has made in the Mustang space has yet to top it.

Anyone remember the Ford GT-90? I had the model of that car and god damn. This along with the Mach III were amazing cars. But I also remember in '92 when that Viper first came out too. Always has been a dream car of mine, both the original and the last generation Vipers.
The twin intakes on that blower of the Super Stallion looked so damn cool.

1672919447851.png

b1pig

Reaction score
I have a thing for the late 80s Mustang. Sure the later composite headlights are nice enough, but theres something appealing about the quad headlights. We nearly purchased a 7-UP edition a couple of years ago. The only reason we didn't buy it is that it would be my wife's daily.... and while we both absolutely loved that car, she did not want to have it as a daily.

I also hate white cars... but a 86 GT T-top looks amazing in white with black decals/trim.

When it comes to Mustangs, the truth is that I have always admired the 94-95 GT. The fact that I happened to find a decent complete car that needed a lot of attention at a low price made the decision to buy easy for me. If I can get rid of this old Ranger in my yard and park a 86-92 GT in it's place (sort of a his/hers thing) I'd love that.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a thing for the late 80s Mustang. Sure the later composite headlights are nice enough, but theres something appealing about the quad headlights. We nearly purchased a 7-UP edition a couple of years ago. The only reason we didn't buy it is that it would be my wife's daily.... and while we both absolutely loved that car, she did not want to have it as a daily.

I also hate white cars... but a 86 GT T-top looks amazing in white with black decals/trim.

When it comes to Mustangs, the truth is that I have always admired the 94-95 GT. The fact that I happened to find a decent complete car that needed a lot of attention at a low price made the decision to buy easy for me. If I can get rid of this old Ranger in my yard and park a 86-92 GT in it's place (sort of a his/hers thing) I'd love that.
What year is the Ranger?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Super Stallion also had pushrod rear suspension, something unheard of for any American car, even the Ford GT/GT40.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a 97? Pacific green in very rough shape in town. Have seen it under a customers carport for over 10 years. Would love to have it and have the funds to resurrect it. Besides the mystic I always had a thing for pacific green

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a 97? Pacific green in very rough shape in town. Have seen it under a customers carport for over 10 years. Would love to have it and have the funds to resurrect it. Besides the mystic I always had a thing for pacific green
The Laser Red was one I always liked as well.

b1pig

Reaction score
What year is the Ranger?
'88 2.3 5spd ..... reg cab Long Bed. The rear sits funny. Like someone put something too heavy in the bed or something. No indication it was ever hit. Who knows.
Last year of the 1st Gen.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
'88 2.3 5spd ..... reg cab Long Bed. The rear sits funny. Like someone put something too heavy in the bed or something. No indication it was ever hit. Who knows.
Last year of the 1st Gen.
Those are great for a windsor swap. My dad had an 87 that I always wanted to swap to a 5.0 but he got rid of it before I could get my hands on it. Great little commuter truck.

b1pig

Reaction score
Those are great for a windsor swap. My dad had an 87 that I always wanted to swap to a 5.0 but he got rid of it before I could get my hands on it. Great little commuter truck.
Thats really why my wife and I accepted it when it was offered to us. Father in law said he couldn't get it running. Told my wife if we could start it we could have it..... was on the way home with it about 35 minutes later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online