Interior interchange

07GtS197

Reaction score
In my quest for new seats and headrests I started thinking about different models that have the same headrest mounts and whatnot. I’m curious, other than the crown vic what other models have headrests that mount the same way that are interchangeable? I no longer have a close salvage yard to grab seats from and prices on ebay are outragous. I thought about recovering my stockers but the foam is worn too so I’d have to get new foam and upholstery. I hate the tiny headrests in these cars too. I know some mustangs had bigger headrests but people want an arm and a leg for them.

On a side note, I wonder why Ford cheaped out on the seats of the 99-04s. I just found out the 94-98 seats have better bolsters and tilting headrests. Wtf Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they went into cost cutting mode in the 97-98 area I think it was. The early seats were nice with the adjustable bolsters and lumbar support and the door panels were a little nicer as well.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
they went into cost cutting mode in the 97-98 area I think it was.

Seriously? Then why on earth did Ford invest in the New Edge? Why not just keep the round body from 94-04? Seems like it would be more economical than to retool all the exterior pieces, and redesign the interior, despite making it look pretty identical to the old one. Retrain all your install factory workers. Did the 94-98 just not sell well enough?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Seriously? Then why on earth did Ford invest in the New Edge? Why not just keep the round body from 94-04? Seems like it would be more economical than to retool all the exterior pieces, and redesign the interior, despite making it look pretty identical to the old one. Retrain all your install factory workers. Did the 94-98 just not sell well enough?
if there is anything you need
Any thing particular leather or pony interior
There is one place I go it's a gold mind once a while let me know a I will look I do need to pick up vent register for my cobra

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I am still old school and I still like the original
Equipment or interior on the SN I I really can't see anything replacing it unless it's in better shape but the same thing

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
94 model year was car of the year and sales for both it and 95 were great. The entire time they were making those they were bragging about how great the new 4.6 would be over the 5.0. It really was a letdown when it came out and the numbers were just not there. Then take into effect the general downturn in the economy at the time and they had to cut the cost while spending money on the pi upgrade to save the 4.6.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
if there is anything you need
Any thing particular leather or pony interior
There is one place I go it's a gold mind once a while let me know a I will look I do need to pick up vent register for my cobra

If that was meant for me yes I need new front seats. I used to have a vent register somewhere but I might have used it, I’ll keep an eye out.

The more I think of it I honestly wish my interior was cloth. Its so much easier to maintain and feels nicer. My 07 and 02 are both leather and imo it feels fake and isn’t supple even after a ton of work. I really liked the cloth seats in my 00 gt. My 17s interior is great too.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If that was meant for me yes I need new front seats. I used to have a vent register somewhere but I might have used it, I’ll keep an eye out.

The more I think of it I honestly wish my interior was cloth. Its so much easier to maintain and feels nicer. My 07 and 02 are both leather and imo it feels fake and isn’t supple even after a ton of work. I really liked the cloth seats in my 00 gt. My 17s interior is great too.

Its It's actually meant for any one if I can find I'll get it
We have a slew of mustang's out this way
Junk yards
I pulled some cobra seats new looking from a 04 for 125 00 pass and driver that I needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online