Interior lighting mods on my Terminator

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just posting my interior lighting mods in one consolidated thread.

I have had an Autozone led thing in the cobra's trunk for a long time. I originally installed it because Ford was less than optimal about their trunk light placement. The OEM unit is near the release latch and blinds you when you open the trunk. Plus, it casts light into a pool directly below it and leaves 2/3rds of the trunk dark. So, some double sided tape and an LED light strip solve this problem. I stuck it to the chassis just aft of the MACH audio tray below the rear window. The wiring is routed along the trunk harness and up to the connector for the light where it is soldered into the factory wiring. The stock bulb has been removed. Also, I picked up a sweet "SVT" Trunk mat and placed a few individual LEDs near the trunk latch to highlight the raised lettering. I like how it turned out, what do you guys think?

sckkf0W.jpg

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Definitely lights up better than the factory setup.

I like that SVT trunk lid mat - NICE!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Looks really good! I've been thinking about adding a white led light strip under the hood, soldered into the existing hood light circuit but I wonder if the heat from the engine would cause the glue to fail.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Very cool man my friend did this to his ek civic and got me thinking about it looks great man im gunna have to tackle this mod next !

Sent from the future

Doodler

Reaction score
good thinking! With such a little opening for light, our trunks are like little caves. May have to do this to mine.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Im having trouble with my set up :( i dont want to run alot of wire up so i figured id tap into one of the power and ground wires and didnt or cant find one [MENTION=8259]JeremyAlan[/MENTION] do you have any idea what color wires those are by chance?

Sent from the future

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.