Interior swap options

o36

Reaction score
I've looked and looked and looked but can't seem to find anything online. Did some searching here and still couldn't find what I was looking for.

Basically, I just want to know what all of the options are for a black leather oem swap into my 2003 V6.

What fits from what cars? Once I know this I can keep my eyes peeled for something to come up for sale.

Thanks

OP
OP
O

o36

Reaction score
Well...anything

All you need are custom brackets

I guess what I was asking was which year/model/trim sn95's came with black leather interior/black dash, panels etc.

Was it an option across all models and trims?

I'm going to be keeping my eye open for a parts car I can dismember for my '03, so straight swaps would be preferable. I don't have the proper facilities for fabricating brackets, etc

Reaction score
Black is 94 to maybe 01? Then it went to dark charcoal for the remainder

Also remember it was an option in GTs. Idk if it was available in the v6 and obviously cobras have it unless it's one of the few where people opted for cloth which was also an option

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I just put BMW leather seats in a friends F150.

Long story short, find what you want and make it fit lol.

drewpeltier

Reaction score
My 97 GT came with cloth seats and tan carpet. The carpet was full of cigarette burns and the drivers seat had the gansta lean to it. Swapped in some black leather seats front and back with new carpet and older door panels with new door pulls.
IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0149.jpg
DSC_0001_1.jpg
DSC_0003_1.jpg
DSC_0006_1.jpg
DSC_0008_1.jpg
IMAG0127.jpg
IMAG0128.jpg

heffe2001

Reaction score
True black was from 94-98. In 99, they went to the charcoal color, and in 01+ they used Midnight Black, which is slightly different. Far as what fits, anything from 94-04 is a direct bolt for bolt swap & fit. 05-09 front seats can be installed with adapters you can buy (or make your own), and like they said, if you really want it go to in, you can pretty much adapt about anything. I've seen a few pictures of S197 dashboards and consoles in New Edge cars, if there's a will, there's a way, lol.

My 2000 GT came with medium graphite (light grey) interior, and the dash was charcoal/medium graphite dual tone. I swapped it out for a '02 Roush midnight black interior, with the upgraded seats (red stripe on them, and foam closer to a 03/04 cobra seat). I still need to swap carpet though, just hate how the aftermarket carpets fit (and are a pain in the ass to install, lol).

2016-05-30%2018.23.51.jpg

In the swap, I went from 2 single din in the original 99/00 dashboard, to a double din (I'd done the double din mod on my old dash, but wasn't perfect). I also relocated the defrost, traction control and fog buttons to the correct locations on the 01+ dashboard, and used a Mach 1 radio surround, shifter surround, and gauge bezel, plus a Bullitt gauge cluster (all blue LED swapped).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online