Intermittent P302 at cold & hot idle

9698 Hybrid

Reaction score
I found a trashed 98 donor with a sound motor for the head gasket failed 96 I own. Smogged the donor prior to the swap, no issues except Vacuum related lines and parts, which I cleared.
As far as I can determine at this point, as I understand it, the ground signal to the #2 injector is being turned off to protect the O2 sensor. Noid light indicator, on the # 2 injector, showed a pretty consistent pattern of 30sec with signal on to #2 injector, 20 seconds off, over and over when malfunctioning. Running the car with the OBD II tester connected, I have not seen the code thrown above 1100 RPM ever. P302 is the only code it ever throws. Not spark, as my oil stays fresh never gasses out from spark failure as the injector spray is cut out. Hasn't got any worse, hasn't gotten any better but has gone days without any misfire at all. It's my daily driver, driven for 5 months without any change. Compression 150 all around bottom, bleed down test showed no intake or exhaust valve issues. All 96 sensors swapped over to the 98 motor, including the intake manifold. Any body got an idea which way to determine what's causing this issue? can't find a logic diagram of how the 96 signals the computer tough to determine what components or sensors are involved. Any constructive help appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online