Intermittent Steering wheel shaking

CampTheChamp

Reaction score
I have a 95 Gt and when I bought the car the steering wheel shook a bit when driving and the owner said the wheels just weren't balanced. After using new tires, new brakes and rotors and getting an alignment and balancing my steering wheel shake is still present and getting worse. But only some of the time which I find odd. Some drives I have it's not present, but others it's Terrible and almost scary. I have pretty bad bump steer too. My steering wheel feels kind of loose too, a decent amount of play. I don't think it's my outer tie rods because when I had it jacked in the air my wheels had zero play when I wiggled. Anyone had a similar experience and what fixed it? Could it still be my outer tie rods, driveshaft? Also my abs light only comes on after 80km/h.

yankytuna

Reaction score
I have a 95 Gt and when I bought the car the steering wheel shook a bit when driving and the owner said the wheels just weren't balanced. After using new tires, new brakes and rotors and getting an alignment and balancing my steering wheel shake is still present and getting worse. But only some of the time which I find odd. Some drives I have it's not present, but others it's Terrible and almost scary. I have pretty bad bump steer too. My steering wheel feels kind of loose too, a decent amount of play. I don't think it's my outer tie rods because when I had it jacked in the air my wheels had zero play when I wiggled. Anyone had a similar experience and what fixed it? Could it still be my outer tie rods, driveshaft? Also my abs light only comes on after 80km/h.
My 95 had the same problem. I could that the tie rod ends were shot. The had to rebuild the steering linkages and the problem stopped

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online