IRS and Dumps

oilspill

Reaction score
Anyone ever run dumps with an IRS? How did you mount it?

I cut up my borla exhaust when I put in the IRS but had to temporarily use stainless zip ties to support it. Today I went back out and it appears where the hangers would be is completely blocked by the cradle not to mention the brake line from MM sit right there!

Not against new exhaust if that’s what I have to do but the borla system was brand new and I cut it up so now it’s worthless!

E5FE6D82-D0B0-43F9-9944-DEE1FD4956BD.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Buy some irs tail pipes and have them attached you your current mufflers. Or, any competent exhaust shop could add hangers for you.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Buy some irs tail pipes and have them attached you your current mufflers. Or, any competent exhaust shop could add hangers for you.
You know where to buy just tailpipes? I’ve yet to find it for the IRS….all day for the SRA

Spintech said they had them but went dark on me.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I know a place! LAR Performance built mine for $320 and that was for 3”. If you need 2.5”, it may be slightly cheaper. Not sure. The IRS stuff isn’t on their webpage but they do offer them.

The 3” flow tubes were another $90.

Email them and tell them what you need. They’re super responsive and helpful. Cannot recommend them enough.

AB5C20F6-DCAD-4648-8267-F5704A331182.jpeg

I had them leave the middle hangers off but it’ll bolt directly to the IRS cradle as Ford intended.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Nice! Just emailed them. Would be cool if they can and if it’s custom I wouldn’t have to worry about the different hangers at the end of tailpipes!

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing for exhaust right now. I’ve thought of dumps cause it’s cheap

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing for exhaust right now. I’ve thought of dumps cause it’s cheap
That was my plan but my zip tie solution wasn’t going to cut it. I’ll let you know how the tailpipes work out.

0A97E579-BAB0-460B-BE4C-1C557E6BCE98.jpeg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The factory IRS rear hangers mounting up to the underside of the crash bar were picture perfect when I did the IRS swap some years ago. Can't go wrong, and places like LMR have them in abundance. I just spot welded mine right to the bar, and if the rubber isolators ever degrade (which one of them is already kind of doing), I'll just grind them off and attach new ones and probably bolt them in next time I do it.

Attachments

• 20220803_131649.jpg
    20220803_131649.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 16

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The factory IRS rear hangers mounting up to the underside of the crash bar were picture perfect when I did the IRS swap some years ago. Can't go wrong, and places like LMR have them in abundance. I just spot welded mine right to the bar, and if the rubber isolators ever degrade (which one of them is already kind of doing), I'll just grind them off and attach new ones and probably bolt them in next time I do it.

Sweet, I needed this reference picture!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Best bet is to mock everything up with some kind of support braces like a pole jack or furniture dollys or just whatever. Never tighten anything down or weld down until everything is in place and mocked up as if it's in final position. Then you'd make your sight marks about where to bolt or weld things down like these isolators.

I think when I did mine, the catback as a whole was thrown in after the X-pipe (or whatever mid pipe) was on the headers nice and snug because it too may need vertical clocking adjustment. But even with the catback, the tips were only snugged to the pipes because as you can see with this type of hanger setup there is rotational adjustment and if you're not careful the tips can rotate on you and affect the whole setup.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I had them put the hangers to match that of the 94-97 to avoid this! Hopefully I don’t regret that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online