IRS Cobra abs?

oilspill

Reaction score
Anyone know where I should look to find abs sensors for my IRS swap? Didn’t come with them and struggling to source

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
We got some irs swapped guys here that beholden unobtainiums amounts of knowledge and they will chime in. I think Makoto is in the middle of an irs swapping. He may know what you need.

Makoto

Reaction score
i might have the answer if my ABS unit wasn't toast and in need of deletion. my car has em but they might be dead. does your abs unit still work?

Last edited:
OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
i might have the answer if my ABS unit wasn't toast and in need of deletion. my car has em but they might be dead. does your abs unit still work?
Yes my abs still works but aren’t the IRS abs sensors different than solid axle?

Makoto

Reaction score
sorry dude, complete oversight on my part. i would sell you mine but i would like to get the abs unit working at some point.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am almost willing to bet that the only difference would be the wiring harness. I was in a pinch one time because of some gear I had mounted where my back seat use to be(and where the abs connector is) so I just cut the cable. Inside is just a simple 2 wire bundle that I soldered back together and I have never had an issue since. The pic of the one that was in the link looks exactly like the one I have in my 94 except for the harness.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I am almost willing to bet that the only difference would be the wiring harness. I was in a pinch one time because of some gear I had mounted where my back seat use to be(and where the abs connector is) so I just cut the cable. Inside is just a simple 2 wire bundle that I soldered back together and I have never had an issue since. The pic of the one that was in the link looks exactly like the one I have in my 94 except for the harness.
Hmmm well I guess it’s worth a shot…I can easily extend some wiring.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it would not even be a matter of extending as much as just cutting the harness off of the sensors you have now and soldering them onto the ones that fit the irs

Makoto

Reaction score
it really sucks how little abs system support there is on these cars. this is why we're forced to delete it which means there's less incentive for the market to provide parts whihcmakes the problem worse. blarg. abs is cool and i hate the fact that im having to delete it.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Turns out these were WRONG, i should have checked them! I have contacted the company and waiting to hear back if they will make this right. Until then no ABS which is not the end of the world

Monday

Reaction score
Did you round the heads of the sensor bolts like me??? :)

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Thankfully no! Didn’t even get that far when it was clear they were wrong sensors

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Turns out these were WRONG, i should have checked them! I have contacted the company and waiting to hear back if they will make this right. Until then no ABS which is not the end of the world
sending the wrong parts happens but this company did take care of me. They didn't have IRS abs sensors in stock when i reported it to them but late last week i received a nice pair in the mail. Good for them for not ignoring this and making it right.

Now to find the time to install

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online