IRS Coilovers vs IRS Springs

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, if you don't already know this winter I installed an IRS out of a 04 Cobra into my 96 Cobra. I currently have stock springs cut 3/4 coil with factory low mileage bilsteins in it. I wasn't too happy about the cut stock springs as far as ride height goes but I only paid $20 for them and it was well worth it being able to move the car around the shop at least. I have been debating whether to find some stock springs or if I should just throw out the big $ and get some MM rear IRS coilovers?

I know how nice the MM coilovers are, and how much better coilovers ride in general on SRA cars, but is it really worth it to spend that kind of money on coilovers for the IRS which already rides very well???

Here's more information about the car if it helps.

96 Cobra Coupe
MM Front Coilovers w/ Bilstein Struts
MM Camber Plates
UPR Tubular K and A-Arms
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Solid Rack Bushings
04 Cobra IRS
Billetflow Diff Brace
MM Derlin and Poly Bushings
MM IRS Bumpsteer Kit
MM Adjustable Pinion Angle
Steeda Tri-Ax
King Cobra Clutch
Nitto NT555 285/40/zr17 Tires on Polished 04 Cobras

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
For the sake of consistency I find it kind of dull to have CO's only on the front. A CO will out perform most traditional springs period the end. I would suggest continuing with the coil over route and you'll find its worth it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Pictures of the ride begat with the 3/4 cut coil???

Youll be happy to hear MM sells a coil over kit that works with the stock Bilstein shocks.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew they work woth stock shocks. Ill have to get a picture tonight, but if you like the stance with the coils make an offer on them. They will be for sale at some point lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online