IRS Frame & Exhaust Clearance Pics?

RedTwilight

Reaction score
To all that have swapped an IRS into their SN95's.
Before installing the IRS into my '96, I have been thinking of modifying the cradle for a little more tire clearance.
I have an idea in my head for the rear mount to chassis frame. But I'm not quite sure if it'll work out due to the exhaust.
Could anyone post up pics (underneath, rear, side, etc) of the area where the exhaust and the rear bracket / IRS cradle come near each other? I'm looking to find out how much clearance there is between the two and if the upright section can be moved inward any.

Thank you in advance for the help!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cough....tailpipes are for pansies......cough...... Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Cough....tailpipes are for pansies......cough...... Lol

Haters-gonna-hate2.jpg

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. But do you have any pics of the actual area say from under the car?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think modifying the cradel will give any tire clerance... It doesn't stick out any further into the wheel well. It runs along the frame rail and on the inside..

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don't have an exhaust for mine yet. If I did, I would take plenty of pictures for all of you lol.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check with Dan (95Rio). If anyone is going to have crazy detailed pics of their IRS install, it will be him.

Dan hasn't been on this site in a long time and probably never will.

He's in the other sn site if you have questions.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dan hasn't been on this site in a long time and probably never will.

He's in the other sn site if you have questions.

Dan loves it here. Red is on both sites and knows where to find Dan just like the rest of us.

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I don't think modifying the cradel will give any tire clerance... It doesn't stick out any further into the wheel well. It runs along the frame rail and on the inside..

I'm specifically going to modify the rear bracket mounting position. Thinking of tucking it under the frame rail instead of to the side like the factory bracket has it. But I'm not sure if the exhaust will interfere with doing this. The factory rear bracket is basically bolted in the place of the quad shocks for a SRA and runs right along the edge of the wheel well. This is one of the main areas to gain more tire clearance. Hence the low profile bolts that are sold. This will provide even more clearance and maybe even the possibility of a mini-tub. There are a couple other areas that also affect tire clearance, but this will at least take care of one.

Check with Dan (95Rio). If anyone is going to have crazy detailed pics of their IRS install, it will be him.

Dan also has side exhaust. So that wouldn't help me much in this situation.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'll get you some picks in a week.. How wide area you trying to go. I got 315. They fit fine. I know people cut it up on older mustangs but it's for ground clearance..

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I'll get you some picks in a week.. How wide area you trying to go. I got 315. They fit fine. I know people cut it up on older mustangs but it's for ground clearance..

Thanks!:eek:ccasion14:

From what I can tell so far it looks like there won't be a problem. But better to know for sure before I start cutting.

Right now I plan to only go with 315 width but might step to 335's down the road. But the clearance also is all going to depend on the offset / backspacing of the wheel and my final determined ride height. So for the time being I'm setting everything up in the beginning for the what will eventually be the finished product later on.

OP
OP
RedTwilight

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Im home. What pics do you want specifically

I'm looking for pics around the exhaust area where the rear of the IRS cradle goes up to the frame rail bracket.
I'm thinking about cutting the cradle and moving the mount location underneath the frame rail instead of off to the side. But wanted to know if the exhaust will be in the way or not at this area.

Thanks!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Ill send you some tomorrow.. The car that i currently have on jack stands doesnt have exhaust. Will that work. Ill be working on the other in a few days and can get some pics with exhaust..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt