IRS SWAP: POLISHED IRS EXHAUST OR SIDE EXHAUST WITH SKIRTS????

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, as many of you know I have IRS swapped my 96 Cobra. I am running MM rear coilovers and lots of upgrades to the IRS itself. I have yet to get an exhaust for it though. I have found a SVO style side pipe setup with borla mufflers and sub-frame connectors for somewhat cheap, or do I go with the typical IRS exhaust and polish it?

CIMG1356.jpg

MysticCobraIRS.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Personally I'd go with a polished irs exhaust , but who knows I could be dilusional right now lack of marijuana , but I do love nothing more then a freshly polished set of irs tails

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Crazy idea i was tossing around since i would love to do IRS too..... Polished IRS Catback but have the Boss 302 Side pipes welded in...then you could change the plates and get different desired levels.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Personally I'd go with a polished irs exhaust , but who knows I could be dilusional right now lack of marijuana , but I do love nothing more then a freshly polished set of irs tails

I agree with you there, but also I don't think I have ever seen a SN95 IRS Swapped Cobra with Side Exhaust. Also does anyone have a video of a Cobra with Borla Side Exhaust?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
IMO side exhaust on these cars looks great til you get to the back bumper. It sits up so much higher than the side skirts and front bumper that it kinda throws it all off to me. Side pipes are definitely cooler. The second pic does look pretty awesome itself though!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
HTML:
I agree with you there, but also I don't think I have ever seen a SN95 IRS Swapped Cobra with Side Exhaust. Also does anyone have a video of a Cobra with Borla Side Exhaust?

Dan 95riosnake has all of it irs side exhaust all that it's a 95 cobra but same thing.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;sgeW7SVesII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeW7SVesII&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

It's a 94 too

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Crazy idea i was tossing around since i would love to do IRS too..... Polished IRS Catback but have the Boss 302 Side pipes welded in...then you could change the plates and get different desired levels.

Thats a good idea, but might be a bit out of my price range ATM

Dan 95riosnake has all of it irs side exhaust all that it's a 95 cobra but same thing.

Really? I never knew he had IRS on his!

[video=youtube;sgeW7SVesII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeW7SVesII&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

It's a 94 too

Mines actually a 96 Cobra so completely different engine then the 94. They all seem to sound good, but I will have to find out what model borla muffler is installed in the system. I do agree with what you had to say about the flow of the side skirts though. They look awesome, but make the rear bumper look tiny.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i thought the whole point of irs was to get irs exhaust! :p
My favorite asses are ones with irs exhaust.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i love the doing both idea. do some electric cutouts and have them exit the side skirts or polish the IRS exhaust. best of both worlds. of course i'm a side exhaust fan though if you have chose one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online