Irs swap questions

derry96gt

Reaction score
On the lower control arm the rear bushing is the bushing shell lip suppost to be flush with the control both sides where out about an 1/8 inch when I pushed the bushing rubber out they popped in the bushing lip rubbed where it mounts so I though maybe some how they worked themselves out its a 99 irs going in 96gt thanks to anyone who can help with my question

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

derry96gt

Reaction score
Can get pics after it popped in none while they were out some

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It's been for ever since i did mine. . [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] is doing his right now he might know. .

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Are we talking aftermarket bushings or...?? I believe there's a "tack welded in place" washer you're supposed to remove to install the LCA bushings..

OP
OP
D

derry96gt

Reaction score
Using maximum motorsports bushings reusing the old bushing shells when I pushed the old bushing out the shell popped in the rest of the way in. Other side was same way out about 1/8 inch on the large bushing in lower control arm have to get over to get pics of it

OP
OP
D

derry96gt

Reaction score
This on 99 irs on lower control arm

z06killa

Reaction score
Using maximum motorsports bushings reusing the old bushing shells when I pushed the old bushing out the shell popped in the rest of the way in. Other side was same way out about 1/8 inch on the large bushing in lower control arm have to get over to get pics of it

As previously requested in this thread, pics would help a LOT!

You say you're reusing the OEM bushing shells in the LCA of an IRS? Are these Poly bushings? Because a Delrin bushing does NOT reuse the OEM bushing shells.

Either way, more information is needed from you to give you the assistance you're looking for.

OP
OP
D

derry96gt

Reaction score
They are poly bushings but shells already all the way in now ill post some pics of what im talking about

OP
OP
D

derry96gt

Reaction score
Not maximum bushings poly bushings though they were maximum

pdmustgt

Reaction score
He's asking if anyone have bushings/shells come out of the arms or work there way out? Or there suppose to be that way? Possible factory didn't press them in all the way? Asking bushing shell flange should flush with the arm. He's re-using bushing shells then he's using poly bushings.

Someone said something about removing tacked on washer in lower arm subframe mount that would be true if he was using 03/04 cobra subframe. He posted he's using 99 subframe

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
He's asking if anyone have bushings/shells come out of the arms or work there way out? Or there suppose to be that way? Possible factory didn't press them in all the way? Asking bushing shell flange should flush with the arm. He's re-using bushing shells then he's using poly bushings.

Someone said something about removing tacked on washer in lower arm subframe mount that would be true if he was using 03/04 cobra subframe. He posted he's using 99 subframe

Thanks for helping clarify that.. derry96gt we will collectively help find the right answer but we really need some pictures to verify a few things. I will pm you my cell # and you can text them if that would help out. I promise not to send nudes of DropTopPony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Staff online

Members online