is a 75mm throttlebody too large..?

Fordmustangspeed

Reaction score
I put together a mild, mild setup and used a 75mm tb and 76mm maf on my 89 GT (I know it's a bit different than what you have, but still a 5.0L haha) and haven't had any issues. It's a bit big for what I have, but it's not horrible. GT40P heads, E303 cam, typhoon intake setup (for the ol' foxes) complete exhaust, ignifion, CAI etc. Does pretty decent made 260hp, 338tq.

But in all honesty, the best thing to do IMO is start piecing together a build that you want to do, and start acquiring parts. It could take a while, but much nicer to do it all at once than putting it together piece by piece while on the car. If you really have the itch to do something, l'd say do something that will be a part of your build. If a 70/75mm tb floats your fancy, go for it by all means! It will help later on for sure!

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
you guys have me convinced...i shall save for heads or a whole diff car,lol....if this one sells i forshur save to get my 4.6 stang..
i still cant believe i cant sell my car with all thats done to it and its miles of 44,000 for $1900 only...lol owell,.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online