Is a mark viii fan a direct fit?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
For my 1995 mustang gt with stock radiator style? Will it bolt right up in the stock bolt holes and will the electric connector be the same?

Anything i need to know? Its a used fan and i know it flows a lot more than my stock 94-95 fan. My car runs well but its only runs hot on a hot summer day with the A/C on. Already threw a water pump, CCRM, new fan at it. I can get this mark vii fan for a good price so im going to take it and put it on.

Im guessing it pulls more power or will i be okay?

Anything else? relay???

Thanks

Bub

Reaction score
Bro why don't you just tap the CCRM hi fan lead and put a switch in the car? I did this and that fan on hi speed with the A/C off brings my temps down to 180 in seconds.

How hot are you running?

Addermk2

Reaction score
I still find it funny how so many people have cooling issues. I ran a high compression 347 stroker on a factory radiator with a factory fan and never overheated once. If you are having significant heat problems you need to look into the way that your entire system is setup. You might have a bad water pump, or a slipping belt.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
S
Bro why don't you just tap the CCRM hi fan lead and put a switch in the car? I did this and that fan on hi speed with the A/C off brings my temps down to 180 in seconds.

How hot are you running?

That's already done.
it gets to 240.. 250 when it's super hot outside if I'm running the ac. My cooling system is pretty much re done.. fan to waterpump to. Coolant to air dam. Im starting to think I need a new condenser since mine is beat up very bad. When ac off she runs 5 degrees under thermostat with the fan always on. When the temps hit say 95 degrees she hits high temps if I leave ac on while driving i think.

Please any info about this fan. I'm asking about the fan as I rather have a powerful fan than screw with the ac system at the moment lol. I'll save that for winter.

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Bub

Reaction score
I haven't installed one but looked into doing a while back. What I've read is you'll need to dremel your fan shroud to make it fit.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Just picked it up. Thing is way more powerful and louder than the stock mustang fan. Its kind of un real how much more powerful this mark fan is. WOW.

Guy i brought it from is going to help me install it. I think hes a old sn95forum member also.. mustang community is so awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online