Is it normal for cat-delete cars to stink?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was in reference to my Mustang having no catalytic converters and also no check engine light. Cars of Our Generation usually if a check engine light was on you could just yank the bulb from the instrument cluster whereas newer cars you can't do it because it's a hard wired LED.
if ya yank the warning light from an sn95 the car will beep at you for 10-15 secs everytime you start it to tell you that you have a warning light out. A piece of electrical tape over the window it shines through works better.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Got the car back from the shop this afternoon. Car doesn't sound as gnarly, but NO MORE STINK! Before, after backing into my garage it would smell like a lawnmower for an hour, and I was keeping a box fan running in a window to ventilate the garage! Got home, parked in the garage - no more smell! Drove home with the top down, and didn't get gassed out every time I stopped at a light!

Also it's nice that my exhaust isn't running 3 inches off the ground anymore. :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Got the car back from the shop this afternoon. Car doesn't sound as gnarly, but NO MORE STINK! Before, after backing into my garage it would smell like a lawnmower for an hour, and I was keeping a box fan running in a window to ventilate the garage! Got home, parked in the garage - no more smell! Drove home with the top down, and didn't get gassed out every time I stopped at a light!

Also it's nice that my exhaust isn't running 3 inches off the ground anymore. :)
That sounds like complete success. Do you have pictures of the new setup?

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
OK, the air was thin down there, but I made it down and back up again. :)

IMG_7686.JPG
IMG_7687.JPG
IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7689.JPGIMG_7691.JPGIMG_7692.JPG

Here's a shot of my mostly stock engine bay. I'm going to detail it this weekend.
IMG_7693.JPG\

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Had my first real drive with it on this morning's commute. Soooo nice not to stop at a traffic light and get smogged out by your own exhaust catching up to you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online