Is it ok to cap off the WP and Heater coolant line?

gnx547

Reaction score
I got the Vortech S-trim and wondering if I can cap off this coolant line on the water pump and on the firewall? Right now I do have the long hose that connects from the water pump to the firewall but I don't have clearance for the hose to connect to the firewall heater line because the EGR and oil cap is in the way. Will it be ok to cap off the line on the water pump and the heater core line on the firewall with a rubber cap?

2q204zl.jpg

zjckdw.jpg

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Nope I don't need the heat, the car is just driven in the summer time.

RichV

Reaction score
Yes. Mine just has a cap on the water pump outlet, no heater.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
What kind of cap are you using? I went to the parts store and I found a few rubber caps but they seem thin and flimsy.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
X2 on this ive had mine deleted for awhile just need to find caps to block off the lines till i get in the car and pull the heater core

Sent from the future

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
How about a bolt in the other end of the hose? Just cut the hose short coming out the WP.
If you cut the hoses under the intake, the ends won't even be seen.

RichV

Reaction score
What kind of cap are you using? I went to the parts store and I found a few rubber caps but they seem thin and flimsy.

Short piece of hose with a bolt in it. Little ghetto, but it works.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
This won't cause any functioning problems with the coolant temp sensor on the metal tube?

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Your steel braided oil line, how long it is? Is it the same length as the red vortech line that comes with the kit?

kb1982

Reaction score
Never seen the line that vortech supplies, but if you want to switch to braided, just use a piece of string and lay out how you want it ran. Then measure it. Be sure to add a little extra for bends, as the hose will need more length than string for turning radius. Also if it is ran behind the alternator like mine, be sure it doesnt contact the studs on back or you will end up with a sparks show and possible melted wires and a fire.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I got the cap and I capped off the water pump. I did cap off the right side metal line of heater core on the firewall, by capping this off will this cause a lot of pressure too build up in the heater core? Do you have both metal lines capped off? Or just the right metal line?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
why are you running the EGR stuff? I would ditch that crap before the heater. Heater isn't taking much power away from you hell it just gives you the ability to try and cool the motor more if it is getting hot but the EGR certainly isn't adding power. You will need a tune after this anyway just rip it out and run your hose and have the egr crap turned off in the tune

RichV

Reaction score
This won't cause any functioning problems with the coolant temp sensor on the metal tube?

The metal tube is removed on mine, I have the ECT sensor installed in that metal tube port, but you have to bush it down to fit the sensor.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
why are you running the EGR stuff? I would ditch that crap before the heater. Heater isn't taking much power away from you hell it just gives you the ability to try and cool the motor more if it is getting hot but the EGR certainly isn't adding power. You will need a tune after this anyway just rip it out and run your hose and have the egr crap turned off in the tune

I'd like too ditch it. My car does have an SCT chip with the A9L computer that was tuned in Wisconsin by the previous owner. I don't know any local tuners near me and I have to find one. How bad will the car run and drive with the EGR valve and position sensor removed without the tune?

The metal tube is removed on mine, I have the ECT sensor installed in that metal tube port, but you have to bush it down to fit the sensor.

Do you have a pic?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think if you do not remove it on the tune you can get something on ebay to plug into the egr hrns to trick it to think its working. I would ditch the EGR crap LONG before I got rid of a heater. Like I said even if you don't use it to keep yourself warm if the car is overheating it is another way to help cool the coolant.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Do you remember the size of the adapter you are using?

RichV

Reaction score
I don't. Take the sensor with you, and the conversion will be the next size up from what the sensor is. Just looking, it looks like a 1/2"-5/8" brass NPT adapter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online